Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone familiar with severe mood dysregulation?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Everonye.  I asked this in another group but didn't get many replies.  I thought I'd try my luck here.  My four year old has severe mood swings but in general his temperment is cranky and irritable. When he is in a good mood and pleasant, we tend to notice it as being atypical for him, especially if it lasts for a whole day. He can be aggressive and impulsive. We are in the midst of seeing several types of doctors but does anyone have a child with severe mood dysregulation? Was the initial diagnosis bipolar? I feel my son may be in the middle of the two. Did you use meds or just do behavioral therapy? Any advice is appreciated

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Hi! I would post this same question in ADHD and Us! Group or in the Austim: Support Across the Spectrum group. ;)

mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I do not have experience with this but wanted to wish you luck and hope you find the appropriate help and treatment for him
Gweneveer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Im not sure, but good luck!

Bump!

PEEK05
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

No sorry :(

andrea_book
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Sounds like My 3 year old. We haven't had her tested for anything yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

OH mama!  I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  Unfortunately, I do not have experience in any of these in children :/.  MY mom is bipolar schizophrenic, so I know about all of that very well....the only thing that helps her is taking her medications :/.

Good luck mama, and I hope that the doctors work well with you! <3

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I don't have any experience with this. I hope you get it figured out soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)