Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting him out of my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so I have a toddler/baby whatever you want to call him. He's 1 1/2 yrs old. When I gave birth to him I was in a shelter and was not provided with a crin, and didn't have the $ for one either...si he got into the habit of sleeping with mommy.

I've finally gotten a place of my own...a 2 bedroom with 3 boys...but it works, and is better than a shelter. SO I've been trying to get my 1 1/2 year old out of my bed. He wouldn't sleep in the boys room because they need a nightlight, and to him that means playtime... 
So tonight, my bigger boys decided they would play along with my "experiment", so we stuck their beds together, and put the baby in the middle. I also got a much dimmer nightlight. It took me 1 hour, but he finally feel asleep! To me this seems like a step in the right direction...

Anyhoo, I guess I'm asking for advice or inpute...or anything that may be contructive to my situation...?!?!?! Help!!!! 

Oh and if you're wondering, my boys are (almost) 8, 4, and 1 1/2.

Mommy to:
Keith Lloyd (5/26/2005) 
                and
Markus Alexander(11/22/2008)
               and
Malik Trey (10/26/2011)
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

congrats on your new place!  i have no advice, i'm sorry.  my kids were never in bed with us. it sounds like you are making progress!!!

Gweneveer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Not sure...my 2.5 yr old is still in my bed, lol.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I finally got mine to fall asleep in his bed, but he usually ends up in mine at some point each night lol.

Just be consistent, and he'll get it. My kids love music playing at bed time. Maybe try a CD player with soft music playing?

Quoting Gweneveer:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I finally got mine to fall asleep in his bed, but he usually ends up in mine at some point each night lol.

Just be consistent, and he'll get it. My kids love music playing at bed time. Maybe try a CD player with soft music playing?

Quoting Gweneveer:

Clover falls asleep in her own bed at the same time as Keira does. She too, ends up in my bed in the middle of the night. I dont mind it, so I havent really pushed the issue. I give it another 6 mos before she wants to stay in her own room with her sister :)

brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Confused--you said you put their beds together and baby is in the middle--like on a crack? that doesn't sound safe if the beds get pushed apart a little, he could fall. or shoved back together again, he could get smooshed...

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM

my kids wanted their own space on their own. lol. I've always co slept until they wouldn't anymore. it happened at 6 months and 10 months though. Guess my kids are just weird. good luck!

mylovekeith
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thanks ladies for all the advice!!

He ended up back in my bed by midnight :'(  Seriously never had to deal with that with none of my other children.

And yes, sticking the beds together...the wall is on one side and a dresser on the other, so they couldn't split open and smoosh him. And I stuffed blankets along the crack to make it none-existant lol.

I think I'll just let it be and hope he willlingly gets out of my bed!

Mommy to:
Keith Lloyd (5/26/2005) 
                and
Markus Alexander(11/22/2008)
               and
Malik Trey (10/26/2011)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)