Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I get my son to get up early for preschool

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is starting preschool in a week from now and I don't know where to start as to get him up early for school. He goes to sleep so late every night. I put him in his bed about 9:30 and he doesn't fall sleep until midnight sometimes.
Does anyone have some good advice?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
me75
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
my son is 3.5 yrs old
PEEK05
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Wake him up in the morning. He'll be tired but then the next night he will go to bed at a decent time, I'm sure.

piwife
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Start a bedtime routine now. Move up his bed time. By 30 mts each night till his bedtime is at 7:30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Just get him up
My son has to be up at 620 for school and he's 4. He goes to bed at 7/8pm tho. But he's tired enough
corrinacs
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Try to have him go to sleep earlier.  Aslk him why it takes him so long to fall asleep to fix that issue.  Otherise, just wake him up.  HIs body will adjust to the new sleep pattern.  I'd work on that BEFORE school starts though :)

GOod luck!

BlessedMammaof2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Just get him up early as you would on days he is in preschool a few days before he is to start school. My DS had no trouble transitioning when he started preschool going only three days a week. Only problem now is that he wakes up at 7-8am everyday he doesn't go to preschool too. His nap times and bedtime changed too. We kept up with his regular bedtime routine just implemented it earlier. I was ecstatic he slept in until 9am today.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)