Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they know how to roller blade or roller skate?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

My dd wants to learn. I loved it as a kid!  Do your LOs know how to roller blade or roller skate (do kids even roller skate anymore?"  Do you?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommato6
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I haven't since I broke my wrist doing it. My twins are 3 and they got skates for christmas. I think fisher price makes them. They love them. My other kids are wanting to learn now also.

Jodyblonde2007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Both of my sons age 5 and 3 know how to roller skate. I am waiting until they are older to teach them to rollarblade. I know how to do both, my mom used to take me and my sister to the closest rollar rink once a month and would teach us how to rollar skate. When we got older we wanted to learn to rollarblade but had to teach ourselves. (Mom didn't know how)

cmorris1200
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

We just started ice skating and my dd received a pair of ice skate as a b-day gift.    I use to figure skate and my dd has been begging me to teach her. My ds like it but does love it the way my dd does.  The closest rollerskating rink burned down a couple of years ago.  There is only an extreme skate (rollerblading) park near us.

Jackie0000
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My dd is 5 as well and loves to roller skate but doesnt like when she falls. It upset her so much I cant get her to skate anymore..Your lucky maybe I should have started her att a younger age.

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

Both of my sons age 5 and 3 know how to roller skate. I am waiting until they are older to teach them to rollarblade. I know how to do both, my mom used to take me and my sister to the closest rollar rink once a month and would teach us how to rollar skate. When we got older we wanted to learn to rollarblade but had to teach ourselves. (Mom didn't know how)

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
No. I can't roller blade and its been years since I've gad on skates. Dh knows how can can teach them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jodyblonde2007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I didn't start my 5 year old skating until Christmas day when Santa brought both boys a pair of training skates. Both boys are on stage 2 of their skates. Sometimes they get discouraged when they fall, but I give them some time and then remind them that they have to keep practicing otherwise they won't get any better.

Once my DD's feet get bigger and can fit into a pair of training skates I am going to go buy her a pair and start her training. She's only 20 months right now and in a size 4 shoe (yay she finally got out of size 3), so I'm expecting to start sometime around Christmas with her

Quoting Jackie0000:

My dd is 5 as well and loves to roller skate but doesnt like when she falls. It upset her so much I cant get her to skate anymore..Your lucky maybe I should have started her att a younger age.

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

Jackie0000
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am going to try and get her back on the skates and maybe with dh this time lol. When she started she was having a blast !  So you have a DD as well thats great! We will have to keep at it. Thank you so much.

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

I didn't start my 5 year old skating until Christmas day when Santa brought both boys a pair of training skates. Both boys are on stage 2 of their skates. Sometimes they get discouraged when they fall, but I give them some time and then remind them that they have to keep practicing otherwise they won't get any better.

Once my DD's feet get bigger and can fit into a pair of training skates I am going to go buy her a pair and start her training. She's only 20 months right now and in a size 4 shoe (yay she finally got out of size 3), so I'm expecting to start sometime around Christmas with her

Quoting Jackie0000:

Quoting Jodyblonde2007:

brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM

No. We haven't had him try it yet, he's very clumsy.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Lol me too! well, i broke my arm right above my wrist. that was in 5th grade and i haven't done it since. it used to be my favorite too.

and no, my son hasn't done it yet.

Quoting happymommato6:

I haven't since I broke my wrist doing it. My twins are 3 and they got skates for christmas. I think fisher price makes them. They love them. My other kids are wanting to learn now also.

slayerslegacy
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:43 AM
My son just got roller blades a few days ago, and he's a natural. I thought he was going to be too scared, but he shook me off of his arm after about ten minutes and went off on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)