Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got my toddler into toddler bed...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

So - I finally was able to muster up some energy, being 25wks preggy its getting difficult at times, to get my girls' room picked up and cleaned so I can start this big transformation for my 2 yr old..

After getting it cleaned and her bed set up. It was time for her nap.. Uh oh, nap time... It was hectic.. She was really not sure at all about her bed. I put her in the bed. gave her all the babies she wanted to ease her mind... but she screamed bloody murder... My husband went it, gave her kisses and told her to lay down and that it was nap time.. She cried for about a total of a 45 min.. before she gave up. She did, however, wake up half way thru her nap crying but with in 5 min fell back to sleep... (Note: Her big sister who is 5 didn't join her for a nap)

Tonite, is her first nite in her bed.. Her big sister and her share a bedroom. She didn't fuss or cry too much.. She was soo happy and excited for her new bed set, ( i made a big deal of it to see if it'd help).. I put her down, she got all pouty faced, I gave her kisses... then walked out the door after turning her light off, then daddy did the same and put up the baby gate.. She cried for a whole 5-10min then stopped... 

Question: Is having her big sister in the bedroom a big help? 

Question: Is there is anything else I can do aside from what I've done to ease her mind better?

Video for giggle: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151337978342749&l=3356094608128146486

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Don't know about helping her sleep in her bed, bc my DS always liked his bed... A bedtime routine is good for easing LOs minds, but other than that I dont know...

but I will tell you something kind of related....

When we moved DS to his big boy bed, we left his crib set up for a week or two in case he wanted back in (he never did) BUT I told him he had to stay in bed, and if he got out of bed, he would go right back in his crib (that he couldnt get out of). I see moms on here sometimes asking about how to keep their kids in bed, but my DS learned from the gate NOT to get out of bed if he wanted the priviledge of the big boy bed. Just mentioning it since youre right at that time and it could save you some problems down the road. Good luck!

MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Thanks ! -

I'd totally leave her crib up if I had that option but atm we are waiting til we get her the beds we want..

Now my 5 yr old sometimes has to pee at nite. I usually avoid but is that rare occasion i do, give her fluids before bed. A friend said to remove the baby gate after my 2yr old goes to sleep so my oldest can use the potty.. But Im thinking for the first few weeks I should just put in my toddlers little potty until she gets into a routine of falling asleep when she needs to.

Any ideas on this one :)

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM

my son did well moving to the toddler bed. here's a bump

MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM

BUMP!

Angelanscalf89
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM
My daughter used to sleep under her bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Im only awake cause she woke up. Lol she woke up and I put her back in her bed tucked her in and then started her Barbie movie to help ease her mind a little bit and keep it occupied. She cried for 15 min. 10 min of it was bloody murder cry.
MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM
update.... she's still awake. Not crying... She did however call my name and want more milk. the baby gate is still up so all I did was full her sippy cup , and tell her to go back I need and Lau down. She did that with this pouty face but not crying.
MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Hope she adjusts quickly. She will get there, just keep at it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissyMegs
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Thanks - I put her to nap time today and she didn't even fuss.. But she is playing atm.. with her big sister. lol.. 

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Hope she adjusts quickly. She will get there, just keep at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)