Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

revamping snack and meal time

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 15mo old eats pretty healthy food, but snack time (and sometimes meal time) is boring and just one or two things. I want to make more wholesome meals and snacks. I'm going to share what I find/ try here- feel free to do the same!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok it looks gross but he loves it!

Banana, yogurt, and chereos.

On pinterest they put banana on a popsicle stick, dipped in yogurt, then rolled in chereos (and served fresh or frozen)

Brayden has been taking too-big of bites lately, so I put yogurt in a bag, added sliced banana, then the cereal and mooshed it around.

HUGE HIT!

normally he'd have *just* a yogurt, or fruit, etc. This gives more!
MarylandMom123
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea!! I sometimes get in a food rut, too. My 14 month old is getting more picky by the day so I run out of things to try with her!! Right now her favorite is minestrone soup. Any old favorite was whole wheat toast with hummus spread onto it.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
DS always has many foods on his plate, most of which he picks from the fridge - lol (he's 22 months). His dinner tonight is meatball sandwich (what I'm having), cucumber slices, pasta with red sauce to dip, baked beans (from a can), and for dessert he has a part of a granola bar. We start with the family food & something he wants & always end up with a ton of stuff on his plate (not amount, just types)

I have always offered a fruit or veggie on the side of whatever he is eating
xomrs.chase
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM
That's cute!
If I ask what he wants, his answer is always cheese lol

Quoting collinsmommy0:

DS always has many foods on his plate, most of which he picks from the fridge - lol (he's 22 months). His dinner tonight is meatball sandwich (what I'm having), cucumber slices, pasta with red sauce to dip, baked beans (from a can), and for dessert he has a part of a granola bar. We start with the family food & something he wants & always end up with a ton of stuff on his plate (not amount, just types)

I have always offered a fruit or veggie on the side of whatever he is eating
xomrs.chase
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
He got SUPER picky when his molars were coming. No meat, hit or miss with everything else. Hes finally out of that stage lol

Quoting MarylandMom123:

Great idea!! I sometimes get in a food rut, too. My 14 month old is getting more picky by the day so I run out of things to try with her!! Right now her favorite is minestrone soup. Any old favorite was whole wheat toast with hummus spread onto it.

MarylandMom123
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope that's what this is!!! I would like this stage to pass soon.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

He got SUPER picky when his molars were coming. No meat, hit or miss with everything else. Hes finally out of that stage lol

Quoting MarylandMom123:

PEEK05
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Our snacks here are usually just fresh/fruit vegetables or whole grain choices.

xomrs.chase
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Today's afternoon snack:

Hommus with carrots and flatbread crackers!

He dips the crackers, but after a while he started to just eat the hommus with his fingers LOL!
xomrs.chase
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM
We usually do the same, but he has a metabolism like his father and has been eating every hour! Lol so I figued he needs a bit more to each snack

Quoting PEEK05:

PEEK05
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Maybe more protein to help fill him up.  Sometimes I will give my kids a spoonful of peanut butter along with their apple slices or something.  :)  Or maybe a smoothie with protein in it.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

We usually do the same, but he has a metabolism like his father and has been eating every hour! Lol so I figued he needs a bit more to each snack

Quoting PEEK05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)