Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What do you do for preschool?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 68 Replies
Just curious, do you send your child to head start? Private preschool, preschool at home, skip it till kindergarten? If you send them or do at home at what age did you start?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nichole0403
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
My 4 yo is going to a private PreK this year. Starts kindergarten next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
We start at age 3.
Dd went to a lutheran school
Ds went to a public school as he has an iep
Dd will go to the above public school cause its a giid program and she familiar with it
HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
We are planning on home educating, so we have chosen to do preschool at home. We did an organized time (with lesson plans I gathered from online) 3 or so days a week up until thanksgiving. My kids were all really sick over the holidays, then third trimester energy loss hit so we have really slacked off :-(

I am planning on ordering a kindergarten curriculum to modify and start in September. But my 2-3 year old know all colors, shapes, alphabet (sounds and names) and count to 13 (working our way to 20 ;-))

I started semi formal stuff with Alex at 2 because he was about begging for it! Kalea has always learned right along side her big bro :-)
LucyHarper
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We didn't do preschool. Our kids are well socialized, we taught/teach them how to read, write, basic math, colors, etc., at home, and we taught/teach them classroom skills like raising hands, sitting and listening, etc., so there was no need for it. I guess its kind of preschool at home, but I don't think of it that way, its not like we had organized lessons, we just taught our children as we would teach them anything else that parents teach their kids.

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Preschool that I pay for at our elementary school.
CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Private preschool. My daughter is a July bday so we sent her 3 days a week just after she turned four, we then decided we weren't ready to start kinder this fall so she will do their 5 day a week pre k program next school year.

RheaF
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
We homeschool. I use the Letter of the week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler for pre-k.
HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh ill have to check that out! We were using a lot of printables etc from 1+1+1=1. I really like her stuff too!

Quoting RheaF:

We homeschool. I use the Letter of the week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler for pre-k.

momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Dd did preschool, K and part of 1st at home, ds did 1semester of preschool where he didn't learn much and was very unhappy so we brought him home and are homeschooling him. He is waiting a year at least before trying out school due to health concerns. If he outgrows them, he'll start K 2014-2015 but if not, he'll homeschool until he does or he graduates whichever comes first. He is a very introverted child though like his daddy so homeschooling may be best with lots of socialization in small groups. 

RheaF
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I plan to use her K4 curriculum as well, then switch to A Beka in first grade. I use a lot of her other stuff as well. DD is in 2 nd grade and we just started the Roadtrip across the USA.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Oh ill have to check that out! We were using a lot of printables etc from 1+1+1=1. I really like her stuff too!

Quoting RheaF:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN