Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes Parenting Sucks

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Being a parent is super hard sometimes.

I had this day planned out we were going to go to the mall playground and spend some time with my nieces and then I was going to take my 2 girls to Sweet Frog the frozen yogurt joint over here. 

Unfortunately my oldest DD is having trouble with lying and spitting so I told her when we get to Sweet Frog her sister will get a yogurt and she will not. Ugh I hate parenting I love all the fun stuff but hate the taking away and punishment part oh well I am sticking to my guns because I am OVER the lying. 

Anyway that's my small vent for the day. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this

agreed. the hard parts stink. i try to remember, though, that more strict and consistent I am now when DS is little, the less trouble I'll have when he's older....

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in a similar situation with my 6 year old but it's not lying, its not listening and disrespect. We went commando last night and have stripped his room of all toys and hes lost a bunch of privileges. He earns them back with better choices. Its hard cuz he is such a wonderful little boy but, occassionally, he just gets a little too big for his britches and needs to be recentered. Hopefully well move thru this quickly...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

It's good you're sticking to your guns.  That will help get over it.

craftymom2b
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

So agree mama! But keep it up it will pay off in the long run!

slw123
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yeah, the hard parts stink.  But you have to stick to your guns and if you tell her what the punishment is, that's what it is.

inmybizz
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hard, but stick to it. 

Hottmomma607
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

critter_boo
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Agree stick to your guns. I had to take away a ski weekend a month ago it sucks but they will be better for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

You go gril.  The more you keep at it the quicker you will get back to enjoying outings again.  But I know what you mean, holy cow :/.  I hate the "take away" times too!  He's a great kid most of the time, but holy cow.....

PrincessButton
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I am in the same boat but with my 5yo DS for disrespect. I continually plan fun days just to have to cancel because he refuses to behave. I just want to enjoy my little man but that never seems to be the reality at this point :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)