Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Is This Appropriate?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 39 Replies

Would you have your 14 month old daughter take a nap in a locked hotel room...if you went down the hall to the hotel lobby with the video monitor?

Just wondering if this is acceptable or not. We're going on vacation next week and hubby thinks it will be less distracting to DD at naptime if we're not in the room.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this

not in a million years

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

No.

BusyBee908
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
You have to remember that even though it is locked, any number of employees have keys. Would you trust any of them to sit in the room with her? Probably not!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HotMamaRosie
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM

He'll no!

debramommyof4
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not but we do not do naps in hotels on vacation.  My children all slept in the stroller when they got tired.  I got a tripple when my son was born.  My kids are all about a year apart. We went to the fair and I have pics of all three kids sleeping as we walked.  They took a full nap and were great.  I do realize not all kids like that as my 2 year old would never do that she doesnt sleep on vacation day or night.

KayDziedzic
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

They still haven't found that little girl (Madeline?) who was abducted from the hotel room where mom and dad had left her and her brother. There are so many people who have or can get access to locked hotel rooms that it's not worth the risk.

Bring a book--you can lie down and read in the room while she naps without 'disturbing her'. Alternate who stays for the nap each day if there's something else to do.

by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Absolutely not. Never ever ever. Like ever.

MarylandMom123
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Got it! Thanks everyone...definitely will not do this.

HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are going to literally sit outside the door with your ipad to occupy yourself.  Otherwise. Nope never.

corrinacs
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I an see that, especially if you have a one room hotel room (like most of them are) and even more especially if you have another child you are taking!

With the video monitor, and you must be rather close, then its fine :).  But be aware of how far your mintor can reach too......it may not be that far as you may think, especially if you are on the upper floors.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)