Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 years olds

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
How do your 3 years olds react to you having another baby? My single child is really good around other kids, shares excellent and is never a brat like no hitting or snatching. How would she react to a sibling?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3cutiebugs
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Well my 3 yr old has been a big sis since she was 13 months old.. she's really good with baby sister and my cousins kids, who are younger :)
kaylaybaby666
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
My child is hardly around other kids
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
All children will behave differently to the news, the pregnancy, and baby....but all adapt. They kind of have to. It helps to have thier own space, though. A three yr old ( close to four when babe is born) will be sharing time with parents instead of toys for awhile.
PEEK05
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

My daughter was 3 my entire pregnancy and she was SUPER excited for the new baby! She had another baby brought home when she was 2 though, so she already knew what was going on.  She is very involved and very in love with her sister.

robibuni
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It just really depends on your child's personality.

We had YDD when ODD was about a month away from 3 years old...I was worried about her myself because she was never around younger kids or babies, and has a temper, "spirited", and just all around a terror on certain days, lol. My fear was her being horrible to a younger sibling or acting out in jealousy.

To my surprise, she has been the BEST big sister ever! She's so sweet to her baby sister, plays with her, entertains her, helps me out constantly, and never acts jealous towards her at all. 

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Well, my older DD was 1 month shy of 4 when we had her sister and she did FABULOUSLLY. She was so excited to be a big sister and was such a help and so sweet with her! And even now, 3 years later, even though they now fight, she is still such a big help. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

my son wasn't quite 3 when my daughter was born.  he was LOVELY before she came and right after.  when she went mobile, he went nuts.  he bit her all the time and pushed her down.  when she was about a year she was scared of him.  everytime he would come running, she would flatten herself up against the wall to avoid him.  it was pretty sad and he spent the better part of some days in timeout.  they are 6 and 3 1/2 now and bicker like siblings but get along great, for the most part.

we plan to have 1 more next year so my son will be 7 and my dd will be 4 1/2+.  i expect them to both do amazing.  my dd LOVES little babies and always asks to "pet" them :)  my son is also back to his amazing self and is fantastic around our friends' babies.  i'm excited!

anj2mom
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My dd was 3 when i had my 2nd. She was great with him. Never seen any jealousy or anything which i thought i'd see. She is really calm around other kids too so i would say yours would do fine but u never know til it hsppens. :)
MrsRobinson06
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM
My ds will be three in March and I had a baby four weeks ago. He has been great with her. He adores her. Did not act out in any way either.
Amanda7409
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Ds 1 is 3 1/2. Ds 2 is 2 weeks. I'm still waiting fire him to adjust.... He is great with his brother but is screeming no allot and won't give us kisses hardly ever. I keep telling myself is Just a phase and it will pass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)