Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty training help

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi! I'm new to the group so sorry if this has already been asked. My dd is 2. She has been peeing and every now and then pooping in her potty for a week now. She's doing great! She goes on her own without me even asking her. The only problem I'm having is she doesn't want to wear panties. And when she does wear them she pees in them. How do I fix this? I don't want to put a diaper on her and I feel that pull-ups are basically diapers too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

bare bottom!

welcome to the group!!

PEEK05
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Hi, welcome to the group. :)

Sorry I don't know :( My daughter loved to switch to panties. Have you tried letting her pick her own kind of panties out?

inmybizz
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Welcome to the group!

I really sure. I never had this issue with my daughter. We went from diapers  to toddler training pants(absorbent pad in the middle and then undies. I guess she could go bare bottom or maybe allow her to pick out her own undies. Sometimes kids go with the program more if they are allowed to make the decisions about what they wear. 

KimmisMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
For how long?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

bare bottom!

welcome to the group!!

KimmisMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Well she has Minnie Mouse which she loves so idk

Quoting PEEK05:

Hi, welcome to the group. :)

Sorry I don't know :( My daughter loved to switch to panties. Have you tried letting her pick her own kind of panties out?

KimmisMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
She's been going bare bottom the whole time except for bedtime when I put a diaper on. I just hate putting diapers on her when we go out cause I don't want her to regress.

Quoting inmybizz:

Welcome to the group!

I really sure. I never had this issue with my daughter. We went from diapers  to toddler training pants(absorbent pad in the middle and then undies. I guess she could go bare bottom or maybe allow her to pick out her own undies. Sometimes kids go with the program more if they are allowed to make the decisions about what they wear. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

if you are home i would just let her run around naked as long as it works.  periodically try the underwear and see what happens but hopefully once she's really using the potty regularly on her own the underwear won't make a difference. 

Quoting KimmisMom:

For how long?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

bare bottom!

welcome to the group!!

inmybizz
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

have your tried the waterproof training pants/undies? 

Quoting KimmisMom:

She's been going bare bottom the whole time except for bedtime when I put a diaper on. I just hate putting diapers on her when we go out cause I don't want her to regress.

Quoting inmybizz:

Welcome to the group!

KimmisMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Well she's been going bare bottom the whole week. I've tried panties and training panties several times. When she's bare bottom she will walk to the potty on her own and just pee. But when she has those on she just pees in them. So I didn't know if there was a way to correct it or just let her go commando until she's ready for panties lol

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

if you are home i would just let her run around naked as long as it works.  periodically try the underwear and see what happens but hopefully once she's really using the potty regularly on her own the underwear won't make a difference. 

Quoting KimmisMom:

For how long?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

bare bottom!

welcome to the group!!

KimmisMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Yes both training and regular =\

Quoting inmybizz:

have your tried the waterproof training pants/undies? 

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting inmybizz:

Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN