Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction and advice

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello Everyone!

My name is Crystal. I am a wife and mother of two beautiful daughters 6 gonna be 7 in April and a 2 year old gonna be 3 in June. 

So now advice needed. My two year old started daycare/preschool last week. She only goes twice a week because I am home, but wanted to get her socializing and then I would also be able to go to doctors or run errands while she was there. When I drop her off she cries and says she doesnt want to go to school. Last week she was a little upset but did ok , but when I dropped her off today she cried and kept saying she wanted me. I felt awful and just wanted to get and her and bring her back home. I got in my car and literally cried. My older daughter went to daycare but it was a home daycare at a family friends house and went when she was 6 weeks up until she went to kindergarten. So it was so different. I am just hurt and feel like am i doing the right thing.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Welcome!

This is pretty common.  Have you asked her teachers how long it takes her to calm down after you leave?  Have you asked them how she's adjusting and getting along with other kids? 

My 3 1/2 year old is in preschool 3 days a week and over the last few months has started clinging to me at drop off.  She's been going to school since Sep and, before that, went with me to drop off and pick my son up for 2 years so she's totally comfortable there.  She's also not even in the vacinity of shy or clingy.  This is just something she's going thru.  I kiss her goodbye, wish her a great day and walk away.  Before I'm even at my car she's totally fine and beginning her work.  The fit is all for my benefit :)

Just keep talking to her teachers.  It's only been a week, she needs more time.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hi Crystal.  Welcome to the group. :)

I used to work in child care, and I will tell you that most kids, even the ones from stay at home moms, stop crying after a couple of minutes when the teacher engages them into some fun activites. :) Try not to worry so much.  She just misses her mommy, but I bet you anything she quickly starts to have fun and is fine.

crystal1213
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Yes I talk to the teachers. I am very over protective of my children. They say she has good days and has fun, but that look on her face when I leave breaks my heart. I just hope she does well. She did fantastic on the first day she said bye ripped off her coat and went and played, I just want that again lol
Hottmomma607
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Hi Crystal,welcome! Like PEEK said most kids cry only a few minutes! Soon she'll be crying to stay at daycare! Stay consistent and strong!

crystal1213
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Thank you girls! She is a very smart 2 year old so I know preschool is good for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)