Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you play with your kids?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 203 Replies
13 moms liked this

Like get on the floor and have tea parties, colour, play cars, whatever it is they like to do? I have so many friends who admit that they can not stand playing with their kids. I don't get it. I know it can get a bit repetitive at times, but I genuinely enjoy playing with them. Not that they want to play with me anymore haha. They are 3 and 4 and do really well playing together for the most part. I get "let's go play in my room so mom can't see us" haha. I know I'm a buzz kill with the "get off your sister", " get down from there", "no throwing", etc. but I still like to play :)

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
4 moms liked this

OH GOSH YES :).  All the time :).  It's one of my fve things to do :).  My favorite thing lately is my 16 month old son likes to be startled around corners.  So, Ill crawl around the couch and meet him at the other side and he'll start giggling LOL.

Sometimes I wish my kids would "go to thier own room to play" but they'd rather be where we are at all times :/.  Which is kind of annoying when other things needs to be done.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Not as much as i used to :( since starting college ifeel i have been spending more tine doing that and not enough with my kids. Even though i try and do it all while they are napping or after bed time, but some days ifeel like i dont play with them enough
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Yes daily
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
4 moms liked this

i wish i enjoyed it...i have to force myself to do it. but i do it because he's an only child so he has no one else to play with when we're home. it could be because he mostly plays with trains and superheros tho. i might not mind dress up and tea parties as bad lol

overweightmommy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I do  but not a lot. I'm socially awkward and I want DD to be open and friendly and stuff. When I try to play she wants to make conversation with dolls or w/e and I never know what to say. Lol. I love coloring with her, though. I can't wait until it gets warm out and we can start doing arts and crafts on the patio now that she's old enough to understand more. 

I like doing more creative stuff than anything.

ETA:

I should add that DH and other family members fill in the blanks, so to speak. I also do a lot of the "teaching" like letters, numbers and correct phrasing and pronunciation.

Starting weight: 217

tifbrown
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Haha one of my friends says that too. She has 3 boys. She always says she is sick of trucks and just wants to play dolls haha.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i wish i enjoyed it...i have to force myself to do it. but i do it because he's an only child so he has no one else to play with when we're home. it could be because he mostly plays with trains and superheros tho. i might not mind dress up and tea parties as bad lol

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

yes, i do but not as much as i should.  dh is definitely better at it than i am.  however, we do play daily for at least a little bit.  tea parties with my daughter and hockey with my son.  right now, after dd goes down for her nap, ds and i play Battleship together.  board games are our favorite thing to do during our Mommy/son time in the afternoon.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
He wouldn't have it any other way =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blapier
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Absolutely!!! I love having tea parties, playing dress up, and anything arts and crafts with dd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

not as much as I should. I'm going to blame it on being pregnant and tired, but... yeah... I actually don't like playing 3yo games 24/7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)