Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

for those with toddler girls...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do they seem to have REALLY sensative scalps? Like I barely brush Kalea's hair and she starts screaming "It HURTS" or to try and put her hair in a pony tail same thing. I do not pull hard. I try to not pull at all. 

I dont' want to hurt her, but goodness the child needs her hair done, she looks like a ragamuffin! But I don't have a sensative scalp, so I don't know if she is actually hurting, or just being difficult?

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12 Expecting Baby Boy EDD 04/18/13

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

DD lets me pull tug and yank... maybe your DD is just sensative.

bekalynne440
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My daughter isn't too bad.  My son is another story.  Thankfully I just recently cut his hair real short.

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

DD won't let me brush her hair, but I don't know if that's because it hurts or she just doesn't feel like being still. She doesn't wince or anything when I do it, she just wiggles away

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My dd is usually fine with me. Maybe talk her thru the process or babble about something else so she isnt thinking about what ur doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoanahLee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

My daughter could care less as long as you are not really yanking her hair, I can comb, brush, and pull it into tight pony tails with no problems.  Her twin brother on the other hand cries like you are pulling the hair out when you try to comb his cow lick down. 

MommyStar3343
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
My daughter does the same thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM
My dd has a somewhat sensitive scalp. I went and bought kids detangler and spray it in before I even try to brush her hair. I also have a container with hair ribbons and stuff she plays with while I'm doing it. Over time it has gotten better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Oh this is a good idea, her hair is really fine so the tangles usually just fall out, but she loves it if I put "gel" in her hair. The combo of that making it even easier to comb and a product might make her more excited about getting her hair done!

Quoting mamamedic69:

My dd has a somewhat sensitive scalp. I went and bought kids detangler and spray it in before I even try to brush her hair. I also have a container with hair ribbons and stuff she plays with while I'm doing it. Over time it has gotten better.

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12 Expecting Baby Boy EDD 04/18/13

mamamedic69
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Suave kids has a great product and its under $2.00 with girly pictures on it. I think they may even have smurfette on it.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Oh this is a good idea, her hair is really fine so the tangles usually just fall out, but she loves it if I put "gel" in her hair. The combo of that making it even easier to comb and a product might make her more excited about getting her hair done!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thanks!!!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Suave kids has a great product and its under $2.00 with girly pictures on it. I think they may even have smurfette on it.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting mamamedic69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN