Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Hair cuts...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 39 Replies

Do you do your kids hair cuts or take them out?

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12 Expecting Baby Boy EDD 04/18/13

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I do the kids at home, I had trimmed Kalea's bangs, but we have since let them grow out. I also trimmed the bottom of her hair in the back (it was growing in a funny V shape), once she is to the point where she needs an actual hair style, Ill have to take her elsewhere :-/

My boys (3 and 18mo) I do as well. I usually do scissor cuts on them. The youngest is actually easy, his hair has some decent curl so it hides the mistakes pretty well =) Last time my 3 year old wasn't co operating, so what started as a scissor cut, ended up getting buzzed to fix it! 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM

we take our son to Great Clips or Hairmasters.  Whatever we have a coupon for or whatever is closest to our errands that day.  DD has never had a haircut but she'll go some place too.

I really do need to learn to cut my son's hair though. 

HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I was actually surprised at how easy it was. Especially if you do the clippers. But even the scissors aren't too hard!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

we take our son to Great Clips or Hairmasters.  Whatever we have a coupon for or whatever is closest to our errands that day.  DD has never had a haircut but she'll go some place too.

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12 Expecting Baby Boy EDD 04/18/13

Shelly126
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
We take our boys to the same barber DH goes to.
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Do it myself. I just do a simple buzz cut and it saves us a bundle!

pamelakeller
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM

My boys go to the same place my husband goes. 

HamBergerMama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Exactly. Im a cheap skate, But dh made me learn how to cut his hair when we got married, so it was pretty easy to do the boys then. Right now I am the only one who pays to have my hair cut. And thats a pathetic once a year average. =/

Quoting brittany208:

Newfie_Mom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I trim my DDs at home because its just straight across the bottom and bangs. DS goes with my SO for their guys time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Newfie_Mom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM
My son has a weird spiral thing on the crown of his head and his hair grows weird. I tried doing it myself once he looked crazy. And as he literally whines and complains if its touching his forehead, neck or ears choices are pretty limited but he loves his spikies as he calls them so no buzz cuts.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I was actually surprised at how easy it was. Especially if you do the clippers. But even the scissors aren't too hard!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I grew up with a mom that cut all of our hair, so it was just normal to me. (and yes, I'm a cheapskate too.)

I tried to cut DH's once, but he hated it. And he's losing his hair so... I cant just give him a simple buzz cut and i dont know how to do it properly to make the best of it. But DS's haircuts are easy peasy.

I even cut my own layers (not the back, just all the layering) bc I have yet to find a person that does a good job. I got tired of paying for haircuts just to hate them. I do go in once in a great, great while to get the back trimmed though--cant really do that myself.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Exactly. Im a cheap skate, But dh made me learn how to cut his hair when we got married, so it was pretty easy to do the boys then. Right now I am the only one who pays to have my hair cut. And thats a pathetic once a year average. =/

Quoting brittany208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)