Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do you restrict/limit screen time for your LOs?

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not.  Our TV is on all day but they mostly play in their rooms or in the living room.  I would if it ever became a problem though, like sitting in front of the TV all day lol.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Sort of. I have the TV on most of the day because I feel safer (home burglaries are very common around here and most of them happen during the day when it's assumed people aren't home - so I like the TV on so hopefully any would-be burglar will assume someone is home - this is especially true when we're upstairs, like if hubby isn't home I will always start a movie right before we go up for naptime or bedtime) but I do limit the number of kid's shows I put on. She only watches Sesame Street, Super Why, and Blue's Clues, so we might do one Sesame Street in the morning and Super Why after naptime, with documentaries or animal shows in between in the background.

Other types of screens aren't an issue yet. I sometimes let her play with my Kindle, but it only holds her attention for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time.

Rosebud27aj
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yeah my kids just wanna hear the tv on...they're not even paying attention to watching it. They like to play while listening to it. 

Barronbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
No... they dont care either unless i4s spongebob, then they are glued, but I do limit that show to 20 min a day so I can shower. Otherwise tv is on whatever im watching low volume for noise and the k7ds tv is on half the day with the same movie replaying right now its alvin and the chipmonks, they like dancing to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Sometimes. I have shows recorded on the dvr that they like to watch over and over. It's fun to hear them sing the songs or reenact the show while they play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't but only because they don't really want to watch a whole lot of TV. When they hit that phase, I will limit

Serenitymom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM

It depends on the day. I'm a single mom of three, and they can get pretty heptic. My oldest is in therapy and her therapist told me to keep her busy, which is hard to do when your raising three by yourself, so I got her a little fun tab, cheap version of the tablet... Very cheap, but she dont need anything fancy. Right after school, she'll go play depending on whether or not the neighbor bullies are out. But I usually have to go straight to cooking, baths, cleaning, books, then bedtime. While I'm cooking and giving the younger two baths, I let them watch tv, unless homework isn't done.

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Yes. I generally try to limit TV to around 30-60 minutes a day. Sometimes it's not on at all, but once a week at the most we'll watch a movie. I let DS use my tablet a little bit, mainly if I need him occupied (like when putting DD to bed).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeryfrog
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM
We don't watch tv on school days, mostly because we just don't have the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Nope. And I probably won't either unless I'm annoyed about how little time they spend outside.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tryshx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 AM

It's not restricted by a set time limit... It truly depends on the day... if it's a lazy day we'll hang out on the couch and watch movies as a family, laughing, joking, cuddling that sort of thing...

But the majority of the time he's allowed one or two shows after dinner (or if I'm late with dinner while it's cooking)... It's been WAY to nice outside to have the boys sitting inside watching tv.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)