Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

sleep deprivation

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

my son is two and he has the wierdest sleeping patterns. if he has a three hour nap during the day he sleeps all night. any less then that and he wont. But i feel like thats too long of a nap for a two year old. he also climbs in bed with me when he wakes up and sleeps with me for the rest of the night. i still have to lay down with him in order to get him to go to sleep. please help.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM

If the three hour nap works--go with it! My DS is nearly four. He doesnt nap every day, but he does often sleep for 3 hours when he does nap.

lilred13494
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM

when he wakes up for a nap and its not three hours i feel bad putting him back to sleep.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM

sleep begets more sleep... 

my 3 1/2 year old still naps for 3+ hours a day and I welcome it.  she still does 12+ hours at night too, if i allow it.  generally i have to wake her up for school or to take my son to school.  if he naps for 3+ hours AND you get a full night for him, let him nap for 3 hours!

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

that isnt too long.  Heck my daughter will be 3 in May and sleeps about 3 hours in the day and sleeps throughout the night.

shadow_lark
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Just go with it. His little body knows how much sleep it needs. Before you know it he won't want to sleep at all. And falling asleep on his own: don't worry about that either. He will learn to do it on his own when he is mature enough to do so. Until then just enjoy the extra snuggles, it won't be long until he doesn't want that either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM

kids need lots of sleep. 

when they're overtired, they don't sleep well; they have a hard time falling and staying asleep.  sleep begets sleep so let him nap for 3hrs!  he obviosuly needs it so why disturb that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)