Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: I have a 4 year old son who has a...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have a 4 year old son who has a very bad temper, he yells spits in my face kicks me and is just plain rude, I was a single mother basically my daughter is nothing like my son, I also have a new boyfriend who my son is very mean to. I am at my last straw risk what else to do.  i have tried putting him on time outs and even taken gs away. Please help!

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I don't have any experience, I'm sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

is this new or only since the boyfriend came into the picture?  is your son's father in the picture?

Joycelyn7
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

it has been  worse since the new boyfriend, he sees a father occasionally, when it is convenient.for.him which t very often. me and y kids dad were together 8 1/2 years but even then his dad didn't do.much.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Have you thought about a counselor for him?  

WendyRhea
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Adding another "man" to the family is probably playing a huge role.  Your little boy is used to being the only one in his home so now he us not sure what to do.  It would probably be a good idea to make sure plan time with just you and your little boy.  You will need to make sure there is structure in his life whether your boyfriend is there or not.

I hope this helps a little.

Wendy

girlnextdoornco
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Hi Joycelyn... does your son just act this way with you?

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I dont have any experience here. Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Talk to his pediatrician. 

Also, how long have you tried the time outs? Are you doing them correctly? Sometimes we think we're doing them correctly but we aren't. 

Pick a spot where there isn't any tv or toys and when he acts up, bring him to his time out spot and sit him there. If he gets up, sit him back down. Keep doing that until he stis there. Tell him, his time starts when he's quiet and not flipping out. Then, set a timer for 4 minutes. If he gets up or talks during that time, re set the timer. 

It's a pain in the ass at first but eventually he will sit and serve his time out. Then, like with my kids now, all I have to do is give a warning for a time out and that is usually all it takes. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I would speak with your pediatrician. That's not normal.

Joycelyn7
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM

yes he acts this way with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)