Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Baby Nutrition Myths - Any Moms Interested in Being Quoted in an Article?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hey mamas, I'm writing an article for Stonyfield Farms about "top baby nutrition myths." If you'd like to share your experiences with one or more of the following myths, please respond here or to my email: Jaime.H.Budzienski@gmail.com. I would just need your full name, # of kids and ages, and city/state to follow your quotes, and have responses by Thurs. midday. thanks so much moms!! all best, Jaime *Please note if you'd heard the myth before and where, if you ever believed it at one time, or why you think new moms are apt to believe these "old wives tales." (I think I believed all of these when my son was born!) Also feel free to note when you realized it was a myth (book, magazine article, website, friend, doctor, own experiences, etc). 1. Rice cereal in the bottle helps babies to sleep through the night. 2. Iron fortified formula causes colic and constipation. 3. Rice cereal is the only first food moms should consider. 4. Moms should introduce veggies before fruits, or baby might refuse them later on. 5. Wait until one year before introducing eggs, fish, or peanut butter. 6. After 3-4 months, baby should set the schedule and continue to feed on demand. 7. Never wake a sleeping baby (0-3 months) to eat. 8. Goat's milk is a healthy alternative to breastmilk or formula.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Here is a bump.

Amberleigh81
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Bump
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of those I just know to be false. I knew it as soon as I heard them because I did lots of research while pregnant. My mother still swears I should give my baby rice cereal but I'd rather not give him something he can't digest just to give me an extra hr or two of sleep...
JaimeB81
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Thanks for your reply....would you mind giving me your name, town/state, and ages of your children so I can quote you in the article? Best, Jaime
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)