I'm writing an article for Stonyfield Farms about "top baby nutrition myths." If you'd like to share your experiences with one or more of the following myths, please respond here or to my email: Jaime.H.Budzienski@gmail.com. I would just need your full name, # of kids and ages, and city/state to follow your quotes, and have responses by Thurs. midday. thanks so much moms!!
all best, Jaime
*Please note if you'd heard the myth before and where, if you ever believed it at one time, or why you think new moms are apt to believe these "old wives tales." (I think I believed all of these when my son was born!) Also feel free to note when you realized it was a myth (book, magazine article, website, friend, doctor, own experiences, etc).
1. Rice cereal in the bottle helps babies to sleep through the night.
2. Iron fortified formula causes colic and constipation.
3. Rice cereal is the only first food moms should consider.
4. Moms should introduce veggies before fruits, or baby might refuse them later on.
5. Wait until one year before introducing eggs, fish, or peanut butter.
6. After 3-4 months, baby should set the schedule and continue to feed on demand.
7. Never wake a sleeping baby (0-3 months) to eat.
8. Goat's milk is a healthy alternative to breastmilk or formula.
on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM