Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to move my DS to his own room??

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
My DS is 21 months, he still wakes up several times a night. I simply pat him on the back, roll him over and he goes back to sleep. He currently sleeps on a crib mattress on the floor next to our bed, he hates his crib. I will be getting him a toddler bed soon. Should I get him in his own room? Or wait until he is sleeping more through the night? Any advice is appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

we moved our kids to their own rooms around 1 month old.  my kids work better in their own spaces.  if you don't mind going to pat him in his room for a min, i would move him to his own room.  it may get him used to soothing himself back to sleep vs. relying on you if you don't go in right away.

corrinacs
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

See what he thinks.  The best you can do is give it a shot :).

With the toddler bed, I'd make it a huge deal.  I'd let him pick out his lenins (cars, animals, etc).  That way he has some control over the way it looks, etc.  That may help a lot!

GOod luck!!!

CLEKate
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM

At 21 months, he shouldn't be needing your attention to get back to sleep.  He should have learned to self soothe by now.

Both of my boys learned how to do it around 12-14 months.  I stopped going in because they did not need me, they wanted me.

Stop coddling the kid.  Put him in his own room and allow him to learn how to get back to sleep on his own.

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I would move him now. The longer he sleeps in your room, the harder it will be to move him later. 

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Oh and I just put the boxspring and mattress on the floor. No frame. Less of a fall, because they will fall. lol. At least once. 

PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Sorry I don't know. My kids are in their own room starting 6 months to transition, 8 months 100%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)