Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant/Toddler Diarrhea

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, my daughter is two, and since she was really little she's always had funky diarrhea. She occasionally has regular stools and sometimes she'll go a month or so having regular stools but then it's back to diarrhea. She eats a healthy diet (although she's a very picky eater) and I've already brought her to her pediatrition to test her stools, but he said that a lot of toddlers have what they call toddler diarrhea. Has anyone else heard of this? I'm going to bring her again because it's almost time to start potty training and this will be really difficult to do given the situation. I just don't think this is right because I've never heard of anyone's kids having this issue. Any advice/ideas? Also, she only has one cup of juice a day and it's watered down, like I said, she has a pretty healthy diet.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KJH78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Could it be from teething? My daughter use to have loose stools and acidic BM's with teething.....

ginabeana92
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Maybe, but I feel like it happens too often to be teething. They really should make a poop guide lol

Quoting KJH78:

Could it be from teething? My daughter use to have loose stools and acidic BM's with teething.....

KJH78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Is she on a probiotic? My daughter hasn't really ever had a tummy issue and I think part of that is she's on an awesome probiotic.....the only time she's had bad diapers were related to teething or if she eats too much acidic fruit over a short period of time like strawberries and oranges. Other than that we've been pretty blessed. Also, I do a lot of alternative medicine so I would suggest reaching out to a local health food store...like an herbal store. You can also try to find someone who has earned a degree in natural health. If you are interested I can help you find someone local to you.

Quoting ginabeana92:

Maybe, but I feel like it happens too often to be teething. They really should make a poop guide lol

Quoting KJH78:

Poisongirl98
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I don't know about "toddler diarrhea" but it doesn't sound right to me. She may be sensitive to something in her diet, like milk or gluten. I agree with trying a good pro biotic, like Culturelle or Florastor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

You could try a pro biotic. You could also try limiting/eliminating dairy and gluten.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)