Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Planning a birthday party

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 13 Replies
My ds will be turning 3 in August. I know it's early to be thinking about this, but that's just what I do. I'm always early.

Anyway, dh & I work a lot. When we're not working we're so consumed on being together as a family that we really don't have friends or friends with kids to invite for the party.

So I was thinking about sending invites for all the kids in his class at daycare. Have any of you had experience with something like this? Any suggestions or advise would be awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We send snacks and activity bags to daycare, then the party is open to family, friends, and church members.  Our kids really only see their friends from daycare at daycare, and I have only met a few of the parents, so a family party at home and class party at daycare makes more sense for us.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Wish i could help you but we have never invited anyone from son's class since his b day is in Aug n I'm not sure how we are going to do 2 yr old in Dec.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
We have always invited dd's classmates. We gave the director the invitations to paperclip to the kids' sign out sheets so the parents got them.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Bump

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM

yeah that is what I usually do.  I generally have a theme based on their likes.  Most like bouncehouses.  I also like to make a ball put using an inflatable pool and filling that with ball pit balls.  I have food choices both for the kids and the parents.  I like to have cupcakes and then a smash cake or a sheet cake and some icecream.  I generally do it in the afternoon after their nap.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I plan bithdays early too.

My first child was in daycare for one year (1-2) while my husband was laid off so we both had to get jobs to help recover from that.  Anyway, we were invited to a daycare party and it was awful and awkward.  Nobody knew each other except the kids and it was just really uncomfortable.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Be prepared for not many kids to come. We invited my sons who preschool/daycare class to his birthday party and 3 kids showed up.

wendyjoe
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

we invited everyone froms kids preschool class only one came. i have 1 friend with kids who my kids don't see often. we also invite family and church friends

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Sorry, I'm not much help. We just have a family party. I send treats to her class for her birthday. I'm sure it will be fun though! Just make sure you provide an RSVP phone number or email address. August is way after school ends, you want to make sure they still show up.

Maryloe
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM
My son turns four in August and I already made all the party decorations and invitations.lol. I plan early too.
I would probably bring donuts or cupcakes to preschool and have a party to invite family and friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN