Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How long without food?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 34 Replies

My daughter is 4yr and a super picky eater.  She always has been!  I know she will go a few days picking at her plate and then a few days where she will eat all day long.  Well....this week she has probably ate ONE meal :(  She is drinking fine.  I limit her milk to 2 cups a day, one cup juice, the rest water (or flavored water).  I've never seen her like this.  All week she has said her head hurts or is dizzy or feels funny (obviously she needs to eat SOMETHING).  Today she looks pale and has dark circles under her eyes.  

Has anyone else had issues with eating?  I offer only GOOD/healthy foods.  We do get 'treats' if all meals are ate.  She hasn't gotten to eat any Easter candy b/c she refuses to eat her food.  I'm at a loss here.  Please help!  Thanks!!!!!

**EDIT**  The pedi called back and said it sounds like it could be an inner ear issue.  I will take her this evening or tomorrow morning.  Thank you everyone for all your kind words and help!!!!

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I would take her to the doctor ASAP and give her pediasure in between meals until her eating habits get better.
PEEK05
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM

If she is dizzy from lack of food, she needs to be seen.  Why aren't you taking her in?

M0M0F3B0YS82
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I would give her pediasure m oldest did that and he thankfully grew out of it lol 

We hadto give him a gummi vitamin and pediasure per drs orders 

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

B/c other than being grumpy/sassy she's playing fine and acting fine.  Its just so strange how she has suddenly stopped eating.  It didn't hit me until yesterday to be honest.  I'm not one to rush to the pedi right away b/c we have a HUGE deductible so its over $100 a visit until its met.  :(  

Quoting PEEK05:

If she is dizzy from lack of food, she needs to be seen.  Why aren't you taking her in?

PEEK05
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It just sounds like she is severely malnourished and dehydrated.  Dizzy, dark circles, headache...... Eh, your child. Hope she doesn't suffer. Good luck.

Quoting rHOPEb:

B/c other than being grumpy/sassy she's playing fine and acting fine.  Its just so strange how she has suddenly stopped eating.  It didn't hit me until yesterday to be honest.  I'm not one to rush to the pedi right away b/c we have a HUGE deductible so its over $100 a visit until its met.  :(  

Quoting PEEK05:

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM

She gets a gummie flinstone vitamin daily.  And then I mix carnation bfast powder in her milk (one pack will go for 3 cups).  Thanks!!!

Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82:

I would give her pediasure m oldest did that and he thankfully grew out of it lol 

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Thanks!  That's what I was thinking today....about her nourishment depleting.  She's just so stubborn!  

Quoting PEEK05:

It just sounds like she is severely malnourished and dehydrated.  Dizzy, dark circles, headache...... Eh, your child. Hope she doesn't suffer. Good luck.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting PEEK05:

PEEK05
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Wait, can you call an advice nurse? those are usually free. I would say that you are trying to avoid going in if it's something you can handle at home. they should give you some suggestions. :)

Quoting rHOPEb:

Thanks!  That's what I was thinking today....about her nourishment depleting.  She's just so stubborn!  

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting PEEK05:

M0M0F3B0YS82
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Pediasure has more nutrients she also might be getting full off the carnation stuff idk i know i did lol 

Quoting rHOPEb:

She gets a gummie flinstone vitamin daily.  And then I mix carnation bfast powder in her milk (one pack will go for 3 cups).  Thanks!!!

Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82:

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
My dd is super picky also, she loves fresh fruit, yogurt, soup, pasta, yogurt raisins, dried cranberries, oatmeal, and lots of other things but hates meat etc, Maybe offer a cpl new things? Or give two options so she can make a choice? I find soup is an easy way to cram in a few good things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN