Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My dd cut her own bangs :/

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 20 Replies

I found a few pieces of hair that led me to a big pile of hair. DD tried to give herself bangs. :/   Luckily it's blending in and it's not that noticeable. Sighhhh...

Have your LOs ever tried to cut their own hair?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebud27aj
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

No...but I did that when I was little....it was so terrible

beadingmom17
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM
My oldest DD gave herself a mullet when she was 3 (daddy left the scissors down...ugh).

My youngest got impatient waiting for me to take her pigtails out and started cutting away to get her 'pretty' out and lobbed off big chunks of her hair :( Luckily her hair is super curly and I was able to hide it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese2010727
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Well, i have a boy and he keeps a haircut..but I did that when I was little.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

My oldest DD gave herself a mullet when she was 3 (daddy left the scissors down...ugh).

My youngest got impatient waiting for me to take her pigtails out and started cutting away to get her 'pretty' out and lobbed off big chunks of her hair :( Luckily her hair is super curly and I was able to hide it.

Aughh! lol

beadingmom17
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Aughh was definitely in there...along with many, many "choice" words, lmao!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Aughh! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeKind2All
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Yes, she was 5 and I was trying to grow out her bangs. She had asked me to cut them and I wouldn't so, you know, she did it herself. Luckily she only cut her VERY SHORT bangs and not the rest of her hair. She did look cuter afterward! She is 22 now and still a little bossy. wink

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM
My son never has. My dd is only 15 months so she has time still. Lol. I never cut my own hair but I let my friend talk me into letting her cut my hair many times. Once happened to be just hours before we were going to do family pics with ALL my cousins. Lol my bangs stuck straight up and my mom had to put a hat on me
auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Oh no.
whatmynameagain
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Just a week ago I caught her with scissors trying to cut her hair. Luckily she only got a few strands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTE11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Not yet, she's still too young. Can't wait for that, though. D:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)