Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

going back to work or having baby#2 ? Decision, decisions..

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
Just recently post asking abt how difficult is to have 2 kids.
Well I nedd to make a decision, my hubby supports me a 100% so I'm happy abt it.
My 4yeard old girl will start going to pre k this year so I have the chance to go back to the work force. Or I can start trying for baby #2. Right now we are in a stable situation.

Some mommie friends tell me that having just 1 child you can give them all your attention and give them the best but with two kids things change.
Me and my hubby both have sibblings and in my case can't imagine my life without them.
Another issue is that all my family lives in my country Peru and I'm able to travel once or twice a year so they can enjoy my lil one, with two kids it wil be more difficult to travel.
What to do, what to do?
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama.samm.2.3
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I never knew the one child thing. My first pregnancy I had identical twins. So I went from no babes to 2 lol. But for me the decision to have a 3rd. Was actually pretty easy. I have 3 sisters and 3 brothers. And I can't imgaine life with out all of them. We do alot together even though we don't all live in the same area. Traveling with two kids is a little more challenging. But can be easily done. My girls are all very close to each other. I say if you are in a stable sitiuation and feel ready for another child go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
You are really the only one who can answer that. I would never do only kids but that's me. It's a personal choice only you and your hubby can make
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I was an only child and I hated it. I knew I always wanted three. But after 2, life threw us some curve balls and #3 wasn't practical. So we went on with life and years down the road the opportunity came up to have a third. It would be like starting over again. But I knew that if I didn't do it soon, it would be no turning back and I worried I'd regret it. So we had baby three when ds was 12 and dd was 10!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheartAH
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
We planned on only having when 1 but...surprise! I had DD2 when DD1 was 5 (in pre k). I wont lie... it was a hard adjustment for all of us in many ways. Now little DD is 3 and we couldn't imagine life without her! My girls are extremely close. When I see the special relationship that they have I know that it was meant to be :-) Good luck in your decision!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I have two, they are 21 mos apart and i wouldnt have it any other way. One is fun but two is more fun. Yes its harder to do errands or travel, but really, its a circus with kids no matter so whats one more? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kflemino22
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Have you thought about having both?  Have you thought about having a child and then finding some work that you can work around your schedule so that you can travel when you want and you can still be home with your babies?  The choice to have, or not have, a second child is all between you and your husband.  I have 3 kids and would not trade it for the world...the comradery that they have together and for each other (even with the fighting that sometimes happens) has been worth it all.  I love watching them love each other and be there for each other. I have my own business with Usborne Books & More so I am able to bring in an income but work the hours/days that I want doing it so I get the best of both worlds.  My boys are 11, 5 & 3 right now. 

mamiperuana2013
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I have an online business and can work from home. Business is growing and is demanding more time from me, is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time 'cause sometimes I need to take time from my daughter to " work", I feel guilty .
People used to tell me not to wait too long to have a second child and they were so right. Now I that she is older she has a steady schedule and that let me and hubby have some time for each other and I know that start all over again is going to be very hard.
Let's see what happens, I'll keep you posted,,,,,,
corrinacs
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Well, it sounds like you need to make a diagram.  I know, sounds elementary, but I'm serious.  On the left, make a list for having baby #2.  On the right make a list for going to work.

If you are stable, then you are fine either way in my opinion.  

I can say that having another child for my son (who is now 5 and his brother 1.5) has been a treat!  He loves his younger brother and its a gerat way to teach him responsibility.  My DH had siblings and said that he wouldn't ever want an only child.  Tehre's just somethign to having a sibling :).  of course, its totally personal choice

Good luck!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

i have 5 siblings and having an only child wasn't an option for me. LOL i love my siblings and would be lonely without them.

aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

For me, I believe your gut has to be the final decision maker.  If you are financially sound, etc, and your gut says "have another baby," then go for it.  If there is hesitation, then I personally would wait until the gut is 100% on board.  I have one now, and I'm not sure about #2.  So to me, that says that I should wait and see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN