Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Combined Birthdays?! *Edit*

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 53 Replies
Both my girls birthdays are in may (ydd 2 on may 11 and odd 5 on the 30) I want to combine their parties.

Thoughts?

*Edit*
We are still doing something special on their day. They are turning 2 and 5. Also we have the same family invited to both but most could only travel to one party (with gas prices crazy and what not)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I'm not a fan, personally. I think, to the extent you can, all kids should get their special day but if, financially, it makes more sense for you...do what you gotta do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM

This. Birthdays were always our special days growing up. Unless there is a financial issue or the girls are wanting a combined party on their own I would go separate.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I'm not a fan, personally. I think, to the extent you can, all kids should get their special day but if, financially, it makes more sense for you...do what you gotta do.

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I plan to combine my kids this summer....they are boys and will be 1 and 4. They have close birthdays (Aug 22 and Sept 10). I am combining for financial reasons but not just my own....family has always come in town for my older boy's party and the boys share many friends (ranging in ages of less than 1 to 5) who travel a lot during the summer. I don't want family and friends to have to "choose" which party is more "important" and one boy to get jipped. So it's going to be one big bash. And I've always done smash cakes for my older boy, every year. So this year both will do it. He'd get a kick out of doing with his brother. Both will have present time, and I think it will be special for them. Especially since niether will get jipped on how many show up if it's all one party. 

I think combined parties can be fun and special. 

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I think its a great idea.Maybe a party themed with something the both like.Candyland would be a great one

mommy053008
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I used to not be but some people won't be able to make it to one. They will still get something special on their birthday!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

mommy053008
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Exactly same here!

Quoting Nicholy10:

I plan to combine my kids this summer....they are boys and will be 1 and 4. They have close birthdays (Aug 22 and Sept 10). I am combining for financial reasons but not just my own....family has always come in town for my older boy's party and the boys share many friends (ranging in ages of less than 1 to 5) who travel a lot during the summer. I don't want family and friends to have to "choose" which party is more "important" and one boy to get jipped. So it's going to be one big bash. And I've always done smash cakes for my older boy, every year. So this year both will do it. He'd get a kick out of doing with his brother. Both will have present time, and I think it will be special for them. Especially since niether will get jipped on how many show up if it's all one party. 

I think combined parties can be fun and special. 

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I just had a combined birthday party yesterday. DD turned 2 on March 29th and DS turned 9 April 6 (yesterday)

For us It's just easier to have family over once then having them drive out here twice within a week and half. I would rather just plan one party. Plus with my children Easter is always right around their birthdays also.

DS had a friend stay the weekend. I don't really do huge birthday parties anyways. (maybe next year for his 10th I will though)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Yeah I will do something special on each of their bdays its just dumb that family would have to travel back and forth within 2 weeks

Quoting snowangel1979:I just had a combined birthday party yesterday. DD turned 2 on March 29th and DS turned 9 April 6 (yesterday)

For us It's just easier to have family over once then having them drive out here twice within a week and half. I would rather just plan one party. Plus with my children Easter is always right around their birthdays also.

DS had a friend stay the weekend. I don't really do huge birthday parties anyways. (maybe next year for his 10th I will though)
deadlights86
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I do that for my boys their birthdays are June 23 and July 18 they have a cousin thats July 16 I think we usually do one big party for them.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM
My friend combines her boys parties, they are july and aug, so she throws a big bash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)