Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

feeling kind of dumb. *clothing related

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 14 Replies
So i'm feeling pretty dumb. I family.friend gave me a bunch of toddler clothes that her son recently outgrew. The sizes very, but here's my question. Is there a difference between 3t, 36m, and just plain old size 3, or are they all the same?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiff_R_92
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I'm completely aware how stupid this sounds, but it seemed like when ds was in a smaller size 24m and 2t fit completely differently.
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
each brand of clothes are different. some for different country's are kinda crazy.i would just see what fits him .. don't worry about sizer.
Tiff_R_92
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Thanks we finally had a warm day and i found out that hardly any of the 2t stuff fit. I was freaking out a little.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

each brand of clothes are different. some for different country's are kinda crazy.i would just see what fits him .. don't worry about sizer.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM

i nkow for pants, 24 month seems to have more room in the butt for a diaper than 2t has.

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

I'm completely aware how stupid this sounds, but it seemed like when ds was in a smaller size 24m and 2t fit completely differently.

Vix920
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Usually the clothes sized with months have diaper room in the butt. I think the clothes sized with T are a little big longer in the arms/legs.

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
You usually can't rely on labels :/ clothes from monsoon and boden are rediculous. My 2 yr old ds is small for his age and he fits their 5 year olds stufff....
EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
You usually can't rely on labels :/ clothes from monsoon and boden are rediculous. My 2 yr old ds is small for his age and he fits their 5 year olds stufff....
Ilaynasmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I have never seen 36 m I have only seen up to 24 m
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM

The 36M clothes usually have a little more room in the butt to accomodate a diaper, but not always... I know my son wears a 4, but in a 4T, the sleeves are a little too short and the 4 is cut a little roomier.  As with any second hand clothes, I just put them on the kid- if they fit and he likes them, we keep them.  If not, pass along, regardless of the size on the label.

Tiff_R_92
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM

thats crazy. my son is 21 months, and he's big for his age 35in tall and 30lbs. so people are shocked when i tell them what size he needs.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)