Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really???

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I deleted my cafemom account over a year ago due to much INSANE drama. Decided to give it another try. 

My youngest will be 3 mid July. She is pretty much potty trained. However, she has days that she just says screw it and will pee herself. She was dry for 4 days and we gave her lots of praise and stickers. Today she peed herself twice. 

Now, I have been babysitting the two little boys next door. I watch them 7-4 mon-fri. This week I only have them until noon because its spring break. 

She will tell me she has to go potty and run away, usually to the bathroom, she will then come back and look at me and pee herself. 

I'm not sure what to do. I have already take gymnastics away. 

The first time my now 4.5 year old peed herself she was potty trained day and night 

any advice?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xsmommy12
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I say its because you starting watching these boys she's like hold on I had my mommy all to myself now them. So maybe she's doing it more now for your attention. Also days she decides not to do it I would redirect her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop punishing her. She's showing you who's in charge. Totally common. She's looking for a reaction and, remember, negative attention is still attention. Next time she does it just say "k, go clean it up", give her whatever directions she may need and walk away. Stay completely emotionless. Take her power away BUT when she's successful go back to tons of praise like you did in the beginning.

using the potty is one of the few functions that kids control and some kids like us to know it by proving it. I had some hiccups with my son over a year after training. It wasn't until I stopped engaging that it stopped. It's no fun to sit there in your own pee alone. Once you start ignoring it, she may amp it up a little at first. Just stay consistent and remember, that behavior won't get her a date in high school so you know she will outgrow it. Patience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

i don't really have any advice. here's a bump

Marie-Homemaker
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

same here - I think it has all been said :) Just try to take one day at a time

Larsbug
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I don't think punishing her and taking things away are going to help anything. Set a timer everyday and make her sit on the potty and truly try to go.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

a sticker chart to get something she REALLY wants?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)