Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help needed asap

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

hi all,

my son is nearly 3 years old, and every night he will not go to sleep, he keeps his younger sister awake, we are all in the same bedroom, he does not want to sleep in his cot, but he has to due to no space, when he starts playing my daughter thinks it play time instead of bedtime,

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corrinacs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Is there a way you can separate them?  And have separate bedtimes?  How old is his sister?  If she's older, perhaps have her go to bed at a later time so he's already asleep by then.

Otherwise, talk to him about what may be causing him to be less sleepy.  Maybe he doesn't need as much sleep anymore.

Good luck!

avfcgal
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

no way of separating them, his sister is nearly 2, and she is breastfed, he does not have a sleep during the day, he does not like his cot but got no choice due to no space

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I would put him down first and wait until he falls asleep before putting her in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Can you get a crib mattress and put that on the floor? If he doesn't like his bed, maybe that's why he won't stay in it to sleep. 

PEEK05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Sit with him until he is asleep so that he cannot do that.

avfcgal
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

no room the put mattress on floor and he wud open bedroom door, he is nearly 4 ft tall, even if we put a stairgate on door he climbs over it, and no how to open it, i do sit on pc chair by him but that dont help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)