Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunscreen

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

Anyone else paranoid about sunburn?? As the weather is getting nicer, I love taking my 14 month old DD outside to play, but I get so worried about sun exposure. I slather her with sunscreen, and always make sure she wears a hat. Anything else I should be doing?? Do you put a time limit on how much time you spend outside in the sun?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I just put sunscreen on and if we're out in the sun for a while, I put more on. Most times though, we don't stay in the sun too long because they get too hot. 

mamamedic69
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I bring my dd in after about an hour to cool down. That on top of putting on sunscreen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM

No I am not.  We practice sun safety.  If we WILL be out in the sun with limited shade, we use a sunscreen that is not filled with chemicals.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I put sunscreen and have them drink lots of water or liquids.  I don't really monitor how much time they are out plating ( we don't normally stay out that long.)  If they look like they are over heating, I would definitely pull them in.

RheaF
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
No, I don't worry. We are outdoor people. We wear sunscreen and drink water. Mine never wore hats. If its really hot, we stay in or do something I. The water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)