Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Potty training

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi my name is meghna. I am a stay at home mom with a 28 month old girl. She is quite a handful and stubborn to boot. Just joined cafe mom and would love to meet new people.

Plus anyone out there who can help me with potty training techniques. I don't know if what I am trying with my daughter is correct. I do need help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Just ask her every half an hour if she wants to use the potty. 

Bring her in, sit her down and see if she goes. You can reward her for even trying. Then, if she does go, make a HUGE deal about it and reward her for going. 

I would ask her every half an hour if she wants to try going on the potty. If she says yes then take her, if not I'd just ask her again in another half an hour.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi.  Welcome to the group. :) I am a stay at home mom too.

There really is no "wrong" way to potty train as long as you are not forcing her and punishing her for accidents.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with this. 

when i trained my son, i just winged it and went off of instinct and common sense.  i did what made sense for me, my son and our routine.  i took a relaxed approach but it worked for us and he was trained quickly.  he's a very easy going boy.  when it came time to train my STUBBORN dd, i decided to start with my son's technique and tweek as necessary.  same exact process worked for her and she actually trained 1 week faster than my son! 

Quoting PEEK05:

Hi.  Welcome to the group. :) I am a stay at home mom too.

There really is no "wrong" way to potty train as long as you are not forcing her and punishing her for accidents.

Meghna122
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Thank you all. After reading what all moms say, I went straight to underwear for my daughter. I try to take her every 20-30mins. If I ask her she sometimes says no and will have an accident, so I just say come on let's go to potty or I bribe her. Is this bad. So far have lasted 2 days doing this.

Any pointers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)