Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a toddler

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 32 Replies
What do you give your toddler to drink through out the day?
My son is 16 months old and i alternate every sippy cup between soy milk, choco milk, vitamin water and breastmilk through out the day here and there.
I would like to give him more options but he wont drink whole milk, juice, or water.. What else is there?
Another question, do you put your lo in different pajamas every night or wait a few days?
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Mostly boob juice and water. He drinks some whole milk (mostly from my glass at dinner LOL) and we don't drink juice as a family, so he doesn't normally drink it. Occasionally he drinks unsweetened iced tea (again from my glass).

I change PJs, but now that the weather is getting warmer, he'll probably go without any PJs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
My DD is 2, she nurses and has water, my son who is 5 hasn't had milk since he weaned at 18 months, he only has water and juice, maybe try the water in a different cup, maybe a straw one or sports bottle?
My kids don't wear jammies or clothes to bed so I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Anything he asks for... he hates pop and doesn't like juice unless watered down. Water, mio water, gatoraid, juice, 2% milk, shakes, ect.

Sometimes he's in shorts sometimes its full pjs... I leave his pj choice to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

We do mostly water

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

mostly water. sometimes milk and sometimes a little 100% orange juice.

wonderstruck11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM
My baby is also 16 mo. She drinks whole milk, diluted juice and water.

She usually sleeps in different PJs. Especially now that it is nice out, she goes out and plays in her PJs. If we haven't done anything, then she may wear them 2 nights.
kurmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
My dd is almost 2, and we usually only do water. Milk for breakfast and dinner, and just water the rest of the day. Sometimes she can have oj or apple juice. But that's just every now and then. :)
DerDer528
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Water Milk And Juice. She Usually Just sleeps In A Big Shirt And Undies
kurmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Oh and we do different pajamas every night.
Larsbug
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

DS2 just turned 1 a couple weeks ago but he HATES juice...he will ONLY drink whole milk (warm) and COLD water. He gets a new sippy of water at every meal so that I know it's nice and cold but he has it accessible throughout the day, I don't ever leave him without a drink. He gets 3-5 8 oz bottles of whole milk a day which actually at this point is what is giving him weight (he's getting molars and has constant ear infections so he hates eating).

In the way of pajamas it kinda depends... we live in Colorado and yesterday was 71 so he had a short sleeve shirt and pants pajamas, and tonight it's 12 degrees with snow everywhere so he's in a blanket sleeper. I don't let him re-wear the same ones to bed but if he gets up and the pajamas are appropraite for that day and we aren't going anywhere I will keep him in the same ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)