Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do you let your toddler or preschool daughter wear a bikini?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 70 Replies

Do you let your toddler or preschool daughter wear a bikini? What about a tankini?

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM

didn't we just have this debate on the Babies board?

I do two peice suits because to get them long enough on my girls they are too wide to actually stay on.  they are modest with full coverage bottoms and generally tankini style tops.

do11face
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

yes.

nodramamama311
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Bikinis are for grown women with boobs and asses, not for little girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I don't let my toddler wear a bikini. Mostly because DH is totally against them and also because I want as little skin exposed to the sun as possible. 

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM

if i had a girl she would wear one piece & maybe a tankini but not a bikini 

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM
No bikini for my girl. DH and I feel that she'll have enough time to chose what she wants to wear as an adult. Plus, DH is the one responsible for picking out all bathing suits so I won't have an argument.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysweet1s
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I prefer tankinis for my daughters - with my oldest I insisted on only one piece suits. With my youngest, it occured to me how much easier 2 pieces are for diapers/going potty. Now they both wear tankinis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

no, because i think bikinis are ridiculous...   I hated them when I was a kid and I don't like them any better as an adult.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I didn't see that post. I thought about it after a bunch of moms were talking about it at preschool drop off this morning. One of the moms posted a picture on Facebook of her 3 year old daughter wearing one running through a sprinkler and some of her family critized her for it.

Quoting emkirkley:

didn't we just have this debate on the Babies board?

I do two peice suits because to get them long enough on my girls they are too wide to actually stay on.  they are modest with full coverage bottoms and generally tankini style tops.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I will only let my daughter wear a tankini or a one piece. Went looking for a new bathing suit for her the other day and couldn't believe how many skimpy 2 pieces I saw for toddlers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)