Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Alcohol at a toddlers birthday party?

Posted by   + Show Post
Am I weird for thinking that's tacky? I feel the party is for the kids, not adults. Put the alcohol away until they're in bed.

Agree? Disagree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Replies (311-320):
mommyoflittles
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
disagree. we have my sons party at my moms every year. we let the adults drink beer. look at chuck e cheese they serve beer and wine. how else you deal with a ton of hyper sugared up screaming children.
lageise
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree.  A family function/gathering maybe, but not a birthday party for kids.

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
AGREE!
Put it away til the kids are gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredme
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree.  My dh disagrees with me on this but I feel that if the guest of honor can not have it then it doesn't need to be there. 

Ihold8Stars
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Really? Where? My mother inlaw is incharge of Chicago. I also was a social worker for 3 years.

Is it legal for a teacher or daycare worker to drink while on the job?

NO

so why do you feel a TODDLERS birthday party.. Where small children are suppose to be the main focus... That it would be ok for you to drink?

It typically only takes just over 1 beverage to be illegal to drive why is that? You can't drive but you think your able to care for small children who cannot care for themself.

If I send my child to a CHILDS PARTY..

If I trust YOU the PARENT in charge of that childs party... With My child. And I find out you were infact drinking... Then yes I certainly would be seeking to press charges for child endangerment!

Quoting bklynmama716:

Lmao I'm a licensed social worker. Please oh please call CPS on me! Like I said there wouldn't be alcohol at a kiddie party place bit u can bet there will be a few beers/ wine at a hall, park, etc. don't like it, keep your kid home. No one is getting wasted, it's called having a lil fun!

Quoting Ihold8Stars:

Agree'd! A kids b day party specially a toddleris Bot going to be an all day event... That's just stupid and I to think parents who do this forget the days not about them.. There's plenty of other days to celebrate and drink! Why take the only day out of 365 away from your child that they get it to be all about them? Obviously not inviting neighborhood kids.. I'd call child welfare if my kid got invited to a kids b day party and I found put they were drinking! I also think parents who drink without a responsible sober adult around to supervise for the kids sake.. Don't have any business having kids.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
A drink or two is fine.
evangraciesmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM

totally agree

heathermarie23
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM

agree

Beth3721
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm on the fence with this one.  It really depends on the type of people.  Are they social drinkers or raging alcoholics?   I was a little shocked at the first party I went to with alcohol.  It was for a 4 year old.  There was a lot of food and drinks for the little ones, as well as a supply of beer for the adults.  I don't drink and even if I did, I wouldn't when I was in charge of a child, but I don't hold it against adults that can do so respectfully and responsibly.  All of these people had one or two and didn't go overboard with exception of one man who reeked of alcohol, but even he held himself together and didn't cause a scene. 

mjande4
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You are a little tightly wound dearie. LOL, There is a REASON Chuckie Cheese's, etc. serve wine and beer. Toddler parties are MUCH more bearable with a glass of wine/beer. Get over yourself.
Quoting Ihold8Stars:

Really? Where? My mother inlaw is incharge of Chicago. I also was a social worker for 3 years.

Is it legal for a teacher or daycare worker to drink while on the job?

NO

so why do you feel a TODDLERS birthday party.. Where small children are suppose to be the main focus... That it would be ok for you to drink?

It typically only takes just over 1 beverage to be illegal to drive why is that? You can't drive but you think your able to care for small children who cannot care for themself.

If I send my child to a CHILDS PARTY..

If I trust YOU the PARENT in charge of that childs party... With My child. And I find out you were infact drinking... Then yes I certainly would be seeking to press charges for child endangerment!

Quoting bklynmama716:

Lmao I'm a licensed social worker. Please oh please call CPS on me! Like I said there wouldn't be alcohol at a kiddie party place bit u can bet there will be a few beers/ wine at a hall, park, etc. don't like it, keep your kid home. No one is getting wasted, it's called having a lil fun!

Quoting Ihold8Stars:

Agree'd! A kids b day party specially a toddleris Bot going to be an all day event... That's just stupid and I to think parents who do this forget the days not about them.. There's plenty of other days to celebrate and drink! Why take the only day out of 365 away from your child that they get it to be all about them? Obviously not inviting neighborhood kids.. I'd call child welfare if my kid got invited to a kids b day party and I found put they were drinking! I also think parents who drink without a responsible sober adult around to supervise for the kids sake.. Don't have any business having kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)