Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Teething-how'd you cope?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 30 Replies

DS is 13 months and has 4 teeth. 4 more are now coming in at once. He is SUPER cranky. How'd you get through teething? And did your kids run fevers?

Thanks

love you signPeaceSeeker84

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sigmalade
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Ds ran small fevers. I did the cold teething ring in the freezer with apple sauce on it. My neighbors turned me on to teething tablets and that along with orejal saved me life.

sweetp113
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Teething tablets helped me alot. You can get them anywhere. Fevers and runny noses can be common but a little pain and fever reducing medicine can help. Those teething rings are good when you put them in the fridge. Once you find something that works the grumpiness will go away. Hope it goes fast for you: )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Baby's Bliss Gripe Water for ds
peaceseeker84
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM

teething tablets? never heard of those--->going to Google

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM
The only thing that helped my dd was clove oil! It's found at Whole Foods and just ask for clove oil for teething. I tried the Hylands teething tablets but they didn't last as long.
Love2BaMom77
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Yes I have drooly monster baby first two are on the way in and she's 4 months.  Try using a wet washcloth with cold water fresh out of the fridge or freezer it helps numb and also helps pressure on the gums also helps keep them clean after eating.  Depending on weight you can give tylenol for pain every 6 to 8 hours. 

LML1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I would place oral b stuff on a tooth brush and let my kiddo gnaw on the tooth brush. Yes, at times she would run a fever. Keep fluids in him. My daughter loved pop sickles

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM
My children always got the runny nose and a little fever when they were teething.

The only thing that helped was whisky.

A couple shots and the crying just didn't bother me anymore.
Just kidding. ;)

Frozen wet wash cloths, we had some little toys that had different textures on the feet and hand, ice chips (supervised)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MysticIceWater
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Ds runs small fevers and we cope with teething tablets frozen peaches frozen washcloths and tons of Popsicles little guy loves his Popsicles. They have mighty minis which are mini Popsicles at the grocery store. They are perfect for little ones. We use those. Also a washcloth with cold water. Ds walks up to the tub and grabs one when his teeth hurt so we always keep a clean one that's never been used on the tub. :)
MysticIceWater
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Hyland makes them. We use them because they are mostly organic.

Quoting peaceseeker84:

teething tablets? never heard of those--->going to Google

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)