Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

two in one :)

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
i have two Questions moma, and need your advices here plese ,
well my baby Dina is 1 yo and 3 mo and 1 wk , how many bottle of milk she should take day n' night ? and when babies stop takin formula ? and second : she still co-sleep with us , she's smart lile one and what ever i do she knows that she's not sleepin with us ... so she start cryin and screamin :s ... what can i do ?, what steps to take ? thanks to all
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

How many bottles of milk depends on the child.  Most children start weaning from formula in bottles to milk in sippy cups around the age of 1.  You aren't "late" but I'd start working on those skills :).  

And the amount of milk depends on the child!  For a normal child (50th percentile weight) I'd say about 2-3 cups per day.  For  children that are underweight, even moreso.  Children at this age typically eat quite a bit of food, but if your child doesn't have a good three meals a day, you can up her milk intake until she gets there!

My Leo is 17 months old, but very underweight.  He drinks 5-6 6oz bottles of milk per day.  Due to his food allergies and oral sensory disorders, his diet is extremely limited.  As a result, we kept up with te formula and bottles for the meantime.  He's slowly progressing....but he is also a special case!

Good luck!

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My kids stopped formula and bottles at 12 months. They used sippy cups after that and had 3-4  with about 4-5 ounces of milk each and a little watered down juice or plain water

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. When mom daughter was that age we put milk in sippy cups.

As far as co sleeping you can slowing start transitioning her into her own bed. I don't have a lot of experience with it, maybe you should start a post just about the cosleeping question.

Quoting corrinacs:

How many bottles of milk depends on the child.  Most children start weaning from formula in bottles to milk in sippy cups around the age of 1.  You aren't "late" but I'd start working on those skills :).  

And the amount of milk depends on the child!  For a normal child (50th percentile weight) I'd say about 2-3 cups per day.  For  children that are underweight, even moreso.  Children at this age typically eat quite a bit of food, but if your child doesn't have a good three meals a day, you can up her milk intake until she gets there!

My Leo is 17 months old, but very underweight.  He drinks 5-6 6oz bottles of milk per day.  Due to his food allergies and oral sensory disorders, his diet is extremely limited.  As a result, we kept up with te formula and bottles for the meantime.  He's slowly progressing....but he is also a special case!

Good luck!

caramelH
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
thank you for your gd wishe , i feel that my dh is as same situation as ur bb, she do not eat all vegies , eccept pasta and fish some times , so her food is still toooo limited, so im keepin giving her 3 bottoles of formula. .. reading your message make feel less stressed , tought my dh is unik on not eating !!!! i wish you good luck too and thx for ur message
Quoting corrinacs:

Good luck!

caramelH
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
ok i'll post an other qsnt to have more solutions regarding co-sleep, thanks
Quoting LuLuRex:

caramelH
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
well i try every time giving her milk on sippy but she do not like milk at all, im givin her bottle while sleeping and this is from her birhday , she never drink awayke , never , that seems not psiible but it is with my bb, i alwyas feel that's she too hight demendin bby .. she never accepted formula, so to keep her alive i used that solution , givin her bottle while sleepin , by instinct she accept
Quoting othermom:

My kids stopped formula and bottles at 12 months. They used sippy cups after that and had 3-4  with about 4-5 ounces of milk each and a little watered down juice or plain water

Pam_8787
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I'd say its time to transfer from bottles to sippy cups and from formula to whole milk. To make the transition I started at 11 months. I slowly gave more regular milk and less breast milk or formula.
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I WOULD SAY 3 BOTTLES OF MILK MAYBE 1 OF WATER 1 JUICE..
U NEED TO JUST DEAL WTH THE CRYING.. SHE WILL GET OVER IT.
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

at that age she doesn't need formula she can have cow's milk (whole milk not 2% or low fat or skim). give her a sippy cups of milk, water, juice though out the day give her foods high in iron like red meats.

As for the cosleeping start out with her taking naps in her bed. you can rock her sing to her what ever your routine is for naps and when she is asleep put her in her bed cover her up with a blanket and leave the room once she realizes that she isn't being left or abandoned she should relax and adjust and after she adjusts to naps in her bed (might take up to a month or more of consistently doing it) you should start putting her in her bed at night too. do not give in and let her in your bed or you will never break the habit.

mama91605
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I dont do bottles over 12mns
I co sleep until after 2 at least
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)