Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Your toddlers teachers

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm just curious to know....if your child/childrens teacher is younger than you, do you address him/her by their first name or do you put the Mr./Mrs. on there? I always put Mr./Mrs. on there. I've heard some parents say they feel comfortable calling a teacher by their first name if their younger then them!
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMother10
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I don't have to worry about this yet, but I wouldn't call them by their first name unless they ask me too. I know by the time my kids go to school, there will be teachers younger than me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OrangeBalloon
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I call my dd's preschool teacher the same thing the kids call her. Ms. Grace. She is a sweet lady, and she older than me but I would still call her Ms. Grace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

my sons teachers have never been younger than me and there is one that I am pretty good friends with... I call them Miss or Mr (name) in front of DS1. With my friend that was his teacher, when he's around I say Miss Nikki, but I myself just call her Nikki

corrinacs
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I call them however they were introduced to me.  Some of them prefer to use last names, some firsts!  But they all have a Ms. or Mrs. in front of thier names.  So, I may call one of his teachers Ms. Amanda.

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Same. We call his preschool teacher, aide and preschool OT Mrs. Such-and-such. His private OT is just referred to by her first name. I'm a pediatric SLP and all the kids call me by my first name.

Quoting corrinacs:

I call them however they were introduced to me.  Some of them prefer to use last names, some firsts!  But they all have a Ms. or Mrs. in front of thier names.  So, I may call one of his teachers Ms. Amanda.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I address them the same way by child does.

Anything short of that, without specific requests to do otherwise, would be rude in my book.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM

My kids teachers are both older than me but I call them by their first names.  I believe I would do this regardless of the teacher's age.  My kids call them both Mrs. ______. 

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I've always called the teachers what the kids call them regardless of age. All have been Miss or Mrs with the exception of one. The kids called her Ga Ga.

We recently got our first "coach" for swimming. DS is excited to refer to him as COACH Mark!

superwoman39
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Thanks everybody! I was just curious.
mommyof11050307
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
My older kids never attend prek. They are in first and kinder. I call them by their last name. My daughters teacher is around my age and my an teacher this year and last year are older then me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN