Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Is this diaper rash or what??

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
A few days ago I noticed a little bit of a rash on 22 month old daughters "parts". Just on the outside. They look like little pimples some of them have white inside. I thought it was a diaper rash (she's never had one so I wasn't sure) so I gave her plenty if diaper free time and put desitin on before bed. It still hasn't improved. She doesn't seem too bothered by it. We havent changed diapers, or soap. Anyone have any ideas?

** Update **

Thank you all for your tips and advice! I called her pedi this morning and he agrees that it is probably a yeast infection. He recommended using lotrimin 2 times a day until it clears up.

Thanks again ladies :)
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

could be yeast...  maybe try some lotriman (sp?)  we just asked the pharmacist for a rec. on the over the counter stuff when my kids had it as babies.  cleared it right up.  wait and see how it is in the morning and then maybe run by the pharmacy if it's not any better.

britmichele
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM
It sounds like yeast to me
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Quoting britmichele:

It sounds like yeast to me
Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Probably a yeast infection. Typically yeast infections look "spotty"
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Id try lotrimin also, a thin layer, then a thick layer of the desitin over top. It should look better within a cpl of days, if not id take her to.the pedi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM

It sounds like a yeast infection!  I'd take her to the doctor and they can prescribe a cream that will help :).  Unfortunately, b y the time the postules come out, it will probably require the anti-fungal to take care of. 

And its not from being unclean, its a super common thing that happens to those who weaar diapers ;).

corrinacs
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Oh drat, I didn't realize they had over the counter meds for this these days.  That's handy to know, thanks :)

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

could be yeast...  maybe try some lotriman (sp?)  we just asked the pharmacist for a rec. on the over the counter stuff when my kids had it as babies.  cleared it right up.  wait and see how it is in the morning and then maybe run by the pharmacy if it's not any better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)