Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

4 yr old potties n panties

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay so my 4 yr old has been potty trained for almost 2 yrs now and knows it's wrong she poops n potty and pees in Potty when we go shopping... but recently she's been peeing in her pants bad sage thanks it funny. She hopefully strata school this fall I've told her she can't go to school if she dont go pepe n potty like a big girl. She wants to go to school. She go to the bathroom and say mom I go school I peepeed n potty. But after that goes back to her panties. She peed at the park the other day daddy was fishing beside US and she pees after me going and asking if she needs to go potty and she said no I come back and hubby tells me she is wet. Well I had her set down the rest of the time we were there long enough to pack our stuff and get our other dd ready room leave and we left told her that she pees panties she can't play at park. And just yesterday we left the Ob and went to Wal-Mart they both had to Pee before we left the Obama so I took them. Well got rock Wal-Mart not even a 5 min drive she pees her pants again I asked why she pees her pants she smiled and said I pee peed she didn't gt to go into Wal-Mart she sat in tow car w daddy while me n sissy did food shopping. Any suggestions. The knows it's wrong and she just laughs about it.... any advise???
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Your post is really hard to read with all your typos but I think I got the general idea.

don't punish her.  if she's smiling, it's because she's controlling the situation and enjoying the reaction she's causing from you.  leaving the park is a natural consequence to her decision to pee in her underwear but don't make a huge deal about it.  to the extent you can, make her clean the accident and herself up.  pay it as little attention as possible and take her power away.

i say this having been thru it with my son.  i learned the hard way and probably prolonged it 3 weeks longer than necessary had I clued into things earlier.  he LOVED seeing me get frustrated and mad.  once i started ignorning him, the accidents stopped in a week.  it's not fun to play head games alone...

it sounds like she trained early and regression is common with kids who train early.  has anything changed in her life recently?

clowery
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
No nothing has beside enrolling her IBM prek for this upcoming year. I'll try ur advise

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Your post is really hard to read with all your typos but I think I got the general idea.

don't punish her.  if she's smiling, it's because she's controlling the situation and enjoying the reaction she's causing from you.  leaving the park is a natural consequence to her decision to pee in her underwear but don't make a huge deal about it.  to the extent you can, make her clean the accident and herself up.  pay it as little attention as possible and take her power away.

i say this having been thru it with my son.  i learned the hard way and probably prolonged it 3 weeks longer than necessary had I clued into things earlier.  he LOVED seeing me get frustrated and mad.  once i started ignorning him, the accidents stopped in a week.  it's not fun to play head games alone...

it sounds like she trained early and regression is common with kids who train early.  has anything changed in her life recently?

clowery
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Sorry on phone. Nothing besides enrolling for pre k and baby brother will b born in early July. Thanks again for advise

Quoting clowery:

No nothing has beside enrolling her IBM prek for this upcoming year. I'll try ur advise

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

wait, your pg?!  that could totally be a contributing factor.  if you guys have been talking about the baby a lot, you are noticeably pg with possibly a big change in your activity level, that could totally be contributing to this.  she may be feeling insecure about the impending changes in the home and where her place will be after the baby comes.   the accidents may be her way of feeling like your baby again and gaining attention in that respect.  without mention of the baby at all, i would do lots of things to reinforce how big of a girl she is, how proud you are that she can do so many big things and help you out so much.  again, leave the baby out of it and just really lift her up!!!

clowery
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Diff will do :) hope it helps

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

wait, your pg?!  that could totally be a contributing factor.  if you guys have been talking about the baby a lot, you are noticeably pg with possibly a big change in your activity level, that could totally be contributing to this.  she may be feeling insecure about the impending changes in the home and where her place will be after the baby comes.   the accidents may be her way of feeling like your baby again and gaining attention in that respect.  without mention of the baby at all, i would do lots of things to reinforce how big of a girl she is, how proud you are that she can do so many big things and help you out so much.  again, leave the baby out of it and just really lift her up!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)