Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Concern for my three year old **Update**

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 22 Replies
So for the past 6 months or so my daughter has been rolling her eyes, at first my mom just thought she was doing it on purpose and we just ignored it. Well, it's gotten worse, she does it more often and now she will pause and almost fall back, she even won't answer if you talk to her and you have to repeat what you just told her. Were going to take her to the dr hopefully they can get her in soon. I'm so sick with worry and wondered if anyone else has had this problem or one similar?

Update: She is seeing a neurologist Monday, I will post another update after we know more.From what the doctor seemed to say is she is gooing to need a lot of testing done.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I'm sorry, I don't know. Here's a bump though.

do11face
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Talk to your pediatrician and they might refer you to a pediatric neurologist.

My daughter was doing odd movements with her arms and has some other occasional "tics".
They did an MRI and EEG to rule out any seizures.

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM

It does sound suspicious of seizures. 

I remember my mom was doing foster care and we had a little girl who had been shaken (why she was in foster care). Anyway, she would do these funny things where it just looked like she would stop and like her eyes would go up like she was looking really hard out of the top/side of her eyes. I think her head would tilt a little too and her arms would come up. We were like, look at that - that's kind of funny what she is doing. What is doing?? But it was happening a lot. Turns out they were seizures. 

Have you called the dr? I would call right now. Seizures can be harmless but some kinds can cause brain damage. So you definitely want to have it checked out asap!

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I hope that you can find out what is going on.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

No sorry :( Hope the doctor has answers

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM

i don't have any experience, sounds scary though. hope you get some answers.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM
No I'm so sorry.. here is a bump for you though.
Pam_8787
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Yep I agree, get seen because they could be seizures

Quoting do11face:

Talk to your pediatrician and they might refer you to a pediatric neurologist.

My daughter was doing odd movements with her arms and has some other occasional "tics".
They did an MRI and EEG to rule out any seizures.

TheartAH
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I have to agree with the seizure possibility. My good friend's daughter had moments where she would "zone out". They thought she was just playing at first but it ended bring frequent seizure. She was on medication through high school but eventually was able ween off if it and got her drivers license ect. Good luck!
xgirlinpinkx
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Thank you all for the concern and advice, we called the Doctor and have appointment tomorrow. I just hope we can get answers soon, I am always afraid she is going to fall and hurt herself.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN