Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Adjusting Bedtime?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you adjust your LO's bedtime in the summer (to a later time) because it's light out for so much longer? Or do you keep the same bedtime year round? It's getting strange to put DD to bed around 8pm when it's not totally dark out yet!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

we don't have a set bedtime anytime of the year but definitely not in the summer.  the kids go to bed whenever.  if we are home it's usually around 8 or 9.  if we have plans, we don't cut them short or anything.  they can just sleep in the next day.  we spend a lot of time in the sun so they usually have pretty good naps in the afternoons anyway.

momma2b2008
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I TRY to keep them on the same schedule during the summer time. But it doesn't always work out! Lol
GabbyGirlsMommy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
No but we can't. DH and I both work and need DD up at the same time five days a week so summer or not we have the same bedtime. Wish we could!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM

No I do not.  I drape blankets over their windows, no matter who thinks that's tacky or not lol.

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

last year i had to move my sons bedtime from 8-9 because he refused to go to sleep at 8 cause it was still light out. so far this year he hasn't seemed to notice or mind so I won't do that again unless he does. and dd doesn't mind yet, she's only 16 months and is usually too tired to care. lol

bpryce
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM
i do not adjust bed time based on the sun.
bpryce
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
me too!!

Quoting PEEK05:

No I do not.  I drape blankets over their windows, no matter who thinks that's tacky or not lol.

TheartAH
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
When we lived in Alaska (light 24 hrs per day in the summer) we used tin foil on the windows. It looked horrible but we all slept great!

Quoting bpryce:

me too!!

Quoting PEEK05:

corrinacs
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Nope :).  We keep the same time, but we ensure thier curtains are dark enough to compensate for the extra light outside!

auntangelofsix
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
No.we do not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)