Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car seat for 22lbs and 30inches?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

Our son is almost 22lbs but 30 good inches tall. He is taller than the recommended height for his infant car seat but not heavy enough for the next size up...any experience with this or know where to find the car seat?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM

You need a convertible seat.  Our convertible goes from newborn to 65lbs.  Rf's to 35lbs and then will ff to 65lbs and 48".  It's the First Years True Fit.  We've tried a few seats out over the years and this one is by far the most amazing.  My kids are so comfortable in it and it's reclined enough that their heads never fall forward when sleeping.  My 6 year old just outgrew his!

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
You need a convertible car seat we had The safety 1 Alpha Omega carseat it said 5 pounds to 100 pounds.
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Just get a convertible. Both of ours go from like 5 to 65 or 70 punds. You can RF or FF. It's just not as convenient as snapping the base out. Oh, how I miss those days.

I have the Britax Advocate CS 70 and DH has a Racaro.

PEEK05
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I recommend the My Size 70. 

Seans_mommy123
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I just bought the Diono Radian RXT for my DS who just turned 1. He's 24 pounds and 29.5 inches tall. It rear faces until 40 pounds, harnesses until 70 and then can be a booster til 120. 

MommaGreenhalge
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM
My three year old is rf in this, and we love it. The 14 month old has used it too, and it's so easy to adjust between them.

Quoting PEEK05:

I recommend the My Size 70. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Carrie on May. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

What do you mean he isn't big enough for next size up?  Many people never even use and infant seat they start out with a convertible which rear faces usually from birth until 30-40 pounds depending on what seat you choose and then flips around to forward face until 50 -70 pounds again depending on what you choose. MOST seats are outgrown by height so thats where i put my money is in taller harness heights.  

Stay away from 3 1n 1 or all in 1 seats as they rarely do all three correctly.  Go to the carseat group and they can give you best info for your , budget, his size, and your vehicle

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM
You need a new seat now. I would keep him rear facing. My daughter is pretty much the size and she has a true fit and a britax roundabout 55 there are many many seats he could ride in. If I were buying a new seat now I would get the mysize 70
PreggoPebbles
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM

The RXT actually goes to 45lbs rear-facing. =-)  (And 80lbs in the harness, though that's unrealistic and will be outgrown before that... LOL)

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

I just bought the Diono Radian RXT for my DS who just turned 1. He's 24 pounds and 29.5 inches tall. It rear faces until 40 pounds, harnesses until 70 and then can be a booster til 120. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)