Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your child have a favorite book?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does your toddler have a favorite book he requests for bedtime?

My 2 1/2 year old grandson, Evan, loves "Owl at Home" by Arnold Lobel.  It has about 5 different stories about Mr. Owl that I actually enjoy reading.  He falls asleep pretty quickly when I read it, too. And we all know that's a good thing!

I was wondering what books other toddlers enjoy.  

by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

We live for Dr. Seuss. DS's favorite is Fox In Socks.

IUMer
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

We haven't tried any Dr. Seuss books yet, although he enjoys the Cat in the Hat on television. I want to try one soon and will look for Fox in Socks. :)

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Dr. Seuss is classic, haha. They are the only ones that don't annoy the crap out of me the first time I read it, haha.

Quoting IUMer:

We haven't tried any Dr. Seuss books yet, although he enjoys the Cat in the Hat on television. I want to try one soon and will look for Fox in Socks. :)

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

corrinacs
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes :).  Leo LOVES To read.  His fave is "Daddy's Home" or the "That's Not My..." series by Usbourne!  He could read those over and over again everyday :)

sophiesmom07
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd loves the Pinkalicious books. She also loves Corduroy and Barbara Boyton books. ,  

JustOneMe
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter loved Pajama Time and Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton.

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
DS 3.5 loves the early Bernstein Books right now. I actually read "The Bike Lesson" to his preschool class.

DD 22 months doesn't have one favorite, but often will ask to read "Sheep in a Jeep," a toddler version of "Green Eggs and Ham" and a big Elmo lift-the-flas book
LntLckrsCmQut
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
For the past 3 months, my 6 year old has been reading Webster's dictionary for kids. She's read the whole thing a gazillion times.
Monkeymama930
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Every night my son gets to pick 3 stories he always picks- brown bear brown bear what do u see, personal penguin, and his fairy tail book.
My son is 19m and doesn't talk yet but when I tell him bed time pick his book he goes to his books and looks at them and goes though until he finds his 3 faves.
aeELE
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Good Night, Good Night Construction Site, by Sherri Duskey Rinker is a big hit in our house (3 year old boy). 

Also, "Sweet Dreams, Roo," "Nut Brown Hare," and the story book versions of Finding Nemo and Toy Story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN