Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddlers and nap time

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
At what ages did your toddler stop napping. My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and having a difficult time napping. I know she's tired but she just lays in her bed and plays.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebud27aj
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

My oldest was about 2-2 1/2... My youngest is 3 and still naps on occasion...

Matriarch87
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is almost 4 and we currently just take a "rest" most days but sometimes he will fall asleep during the "rest" and actually have a nap.  

Honestly, im not into him napping anymore, if he acts sleepy id rather just put him to bed early.  

He no longer naps regularly so when he does take a nap mid afternoon then he wants to be a night owl.   

I started having trouble getting him to nap every day at about 2  he would start to skip days and those days he would be real cranky.  So I adjusted his bedtime and that seemed to help and we just started having rest time.  I can tell when he starts to get tired, suddenly everything is a life and death matter and he will blow a gasket over any little thing, that is when its rest time, when he starts sobbing because I opened the door instead of letting him open it lol.  Yes, thats when we "take a rest", generally about 3 in the afternoon, he will lay in bed or on the couch with no television and "rest", we can't call it a nap otherwise he will fight it, its only a rest.  Sometimes he will only rest for the duration of a story, sometimes after the story he will lay there almost an hour.  It really helps a lot.  I dont want to say it reenergizes him bc even on empty he has plenty of energy, its almost like a meditation thing lol, its very "zen".  

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My 3 1/2 year old only falls asleep once or twice a week during naptime, but we still have rest time for a while.  Her younger sister, 2 year old, stills needs a nap.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

AJsMom81507
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM

12 months DD stopped napping regularly and 15 months for DS

i find it amazing that kids still nap past age 2.  

CaiZobug
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My daughter is 2. She still takes naps. lol 

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My son is 3. He stopped somewhere around 2 or 21/2. Sometimes he wants to sleep but late in the day so I keep him up. If I let him sleep he will be up all night. This way he goes to bed nice and early and sleeps at a normal time :)

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

my 6 year old still naps :)  my dd will be 4 at the end of july and she still does a few hours a day.  she will have days where she just rolls around in bed though.  we just put her to bed at 7 on those days.

mycutepup
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

She is only 2.5 she is just going through a phase she will nap again. My twins had irregular naps when they were about 2.5. I also thought they had stopped napping but now they are 3.5 they take naps again almost everyday. They are in pre-school and get a nap there Mon-fri. In the weekend, I try to nap with them but sometimes they just don't settle down and that's ok too. Remember this: You can't force a toddler to do anything especially, eating and sleeping.

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM
My oldest was 14mo, middle was 18. Ds3 us 17 and still napping!
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
My DD turns 3 in September and seems to have given up on naps this week. It's been rough by late afternoon, since she's obviously tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)