Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Bath Time

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

Bath time used to be so much fun!!! Now its not so much after the past month or so he screams his head off everytime he even sees his bathtub :( Ive checked and changed water temp thinking thats it..but its not..ive added toys, taken away toys, everything I could think of.....

any ideas???

by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Mine has always loved baths so here's a bump

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM

DD was refusing to sit in the bath and she ended up having a UTI. Once the antibiotics took their course, she was fine. Bath time was fun again.

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

my son went through a phase where he HATED baths. but before and since then, he's loved them. I don't remember how long it lasted.

Mznaye
by Jo on May. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

We have the same issue when it is time to wash his hair. We have to put the towel over his face.....

JerrysMom2011
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

lol we have about a 3 min bath lol....it sucks :((((

Quoting Mznaye:

We have the same issue when it is time to wash his hair. We have to put the towel over his face.....

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
How old is he? Maybe try showers instead?Id get one of the removeable shower heads w the hose so he could play in it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerrysMom2011
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM

he is 20 months and i do have a detachable one and he doesnt like it..ive tried showers (he hates water on his head) he wont even come near the bathroom when its time for a bath when he hears the water he runs other direction. 

Quoting lillucky8:

How old is he? Maybe try showers instead?Id get one of the removeable shower heads w the hose so he could play in it

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm. My dd hated them when she was a baby but loves them now. Maybe just do a washup until he likes it again, have him stand near the tub and wash him head to toe, not the most optimal solution but at least he wont be dirty

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

he is 20 months and i do have a detachable one and he doesnt like it..ive tried showers (he hates water on his head) he wont even come near the bathroom when its time for a bath when he hears the water he runs other direction. 

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My 23m old who has always LOVED baths, Had just started this phase. he would scream and cry and want nothing to do with a bath, after the third time of him doing this (i dont bathe him everyday, just when he needs it) i got in the tub with him, he thought it was hilarious and quickly forgot about being upset. Then the next bath he wantd dh to join him so he did. Since then he hasnt had any issues taking a bath, and we dont have to get in the tub with him anymore either.
IUMer
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandson is 2.5 and prefers not to take a bath but I act like his "choo-choos" (he has the Thomas the Tank Engine Take & Play engines) want to take a bubble bath and I make a huge production of it.  He picks out who "gets" to take a bubble bath with him.  Also, recently I got an empty water bottle and some cups so he could practice pouring (in the bath). I guess maybe if you try new toys (bribery) MAYBE it might entice him. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)