Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Who is starting Kindergarten? Who has an IEP?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 26 Replies
Just wondering who all here has a kiddo starting K this fall? And whose kindergarteners have IEPs and what are they for (if you want to share)?

My son will be starting K august 1st. Wow! He has an IEP too cuz he has a speech delay. Then he has a lot of medical issues so having an IEP definitely helps! Not sure I'm ready for this next chapter in our lives, but he's been in preschool for 2yrs and K is only an hour longer than his preschool is. So not a massive adjustment.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on May. 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine starts K this fall. He has autism so an IEP is a given. He has OT, ST, and will be mainstreamed for 60 mins a week
otherwise he will be in his autism class.
ETA: He has already been a whole day, so there won't be a difference for him besides going to a regular class for a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Mds starts K in the fall. No IEP for him. Ods was in K this year (again no IEP) but it went really well. I am not worried about MDS much...he is far beyind where ODS was when he began K.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

my son is starting kindergarten in september, though we decided to home school.

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Mine :) he starts k on Aug 1st. He has an IEP for speech.

He will go full day, he has been in 1/2day 4 day a week, prek since last Aug
mcginnisc
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM

My youngest dd starts K in the fall.. no IEP. I am hoping she gets the same teacher her sister had in K as we absolutely adore her, but each of the teachers are great at their school so I'll be okay with whatever teacher she gets. She has been getting out at noon this year M-F, but next year she will go full day until 2:30. It will definitely make my life easier since I won't have to drive to the school 3x per day anymore. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

nodramamama311
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Our son is currently in Pre-k and will be in K in the fall. I have no idea what an IEP is but our son has no special needs or academic delays. He is 5.
Also his current Pre-k teacher was my husbands kindergarten teacher, gotta love small towns!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
My ds2 is in Prek this year and starts K in August.

He did Prek at the elementary school where he will attend K with the identical hours.

I can't believe my baby is starting K.
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My son has an IEP, he just finished his first year of preschool. He turns for 4 soon, but the way his birthday falls he has 2 years of preschool left. His IEP is for speech, but he also has health conditions that make the IEP helpful. They grow up so fast! 

Mipsy
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM
We could do full day but have to pay for full day. He's going to a charter school

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Mine :) he starts k on Aug 1st. He has an IEP for speech.

He will go full day, he has been in 1/2day 4 day a week, prek since last Aug
Mipsy
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM
My sons preschool teacher was his aunts kinder teacher (my sil, she's 20) and his 8yr old cousins preschool teacher lol

Quoting nodramamama311:

Our son is currently in Pre-k and will be in K in the fall. I have no idea what an IEP is but our son has no special needs or academic delays. He is 5.

Also his current Pre-k teacher was my husbands kindergarten teacher, gotta love small towns!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN