Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Heavy night wetter

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 38 Replies
My 2 year old is peeing through his diaper EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! It's really frustrating. He's always been a heavy wetter. We have tried pampers and Huggies overnight diapers. The Huggies worked great until he grew out of the size 6 and I couldn't find a size 7. I have him in pampers nighttime underjams right now. They worked 95% of the time, but we are back to wetting through. Any suggestions? I know a top one will be limiting drinks. He doesn't drink at least 30 min before bed and most of the time an hour. He's also had bloodwork recently and doesn't have any sort of sugar problems.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
We actually use Luvs. I had the same problems until i switched. And now, i only buy luvs
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM

have you thought about the possibility of cloth diapers for overnight?  and 30 minutes before bed is not long enough, if you are going to restrict fluids it needs to be for at least 2 hours so they have the chance to pee before they go to sleep...but for a 2 year old I think it's pretty normal, my SIL (who was very anti-cloth diapering when I started cloth diapering my middle child) went to cloth overnight for her youngest when she was 2.5 and nothing else would work.

bpryce
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
i cut off liquids for my 2yr old 2 1/2hrs before bed. he uses the potty before bed and still wakes up wet but never pees out of his diaper.
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Im a pampers girl but they dont work well at night for belly sleepers, so for my dd we used target, that thing couldnt hold another drop most nights and never once leaked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Good suggestions above.
Also have you started potty training yet?
Even if he is far from ready for nights the muscle control of potty training might help.

Also the water proof mattress covers that are just flat sheets can be nice. Lay one on top, of the sheet for quick changes
clearlyme
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Wyatt is a belly sleeper too! I know that's part of the problem.

Quoting lillucky8:

Im a pampers girl but they dont work well at night for belly sleepers, so for my dd we used target, that thing couldnt hold another drop most nights and never once leaked

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Children need tons of fluids. Do not restrict them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clearlyme
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I'm considering it, my only qualm is that I'm about to start potty training and don't know that I want to invest in cloth, but I'm seriously considering it. What's a good brand for big boys? He isn't fat, but just square and built like a line backer lol

Quoting emkirkley:

have you thought about the possibility of cloth diapers for overnight?  and 30 minutes before bed is not long enough, if you are going to restrict fluids it needs to be for at least 2 hours so they have the chance to pee before they go to sleep...but for a 2 year old I think it's pretty normal, my SIL (who was very anti-cloth diapering when I started cloth diapering my middle child) went to cloth overnight for her youngest when she was 2.5 and nothing else would work.

clearlyme
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM
That's a good idea. I am actually buying underwear today to start training bc he is ready, but just doesn't want to sit on the potty. I think he won't like the feeling of peeing in underwear and train bc he hates being wet now.

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Good suggestions above.

Also have you started potty training yet?

Even if he is far from ready for nights the muscle control of potty training might help.

Also the water proof mattress covers that are just flat sheets can be nice. Lay one on top, of the sheet for quick changes

clearlyme
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel that way. I will restrict an hour, but not 2.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Children need tons of fluids. Do not restrict them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN