Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Temper Tantrums!!!!!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello all!!!!! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some suggestions on how to alleviate my 3 years olds temper tantrums.  They are getting increasingly worse and he is now starting to hit and bite his older brother and his father.  When I asked his DayCare provider about this she said he is very well behaved there........ UUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

tantrums are usually a result of frustration.  kids don't know how to properly express their emotions and act out.  try to see what sort of things are setting him off.  once you see the things that are triggers for him, work on giving him proper methods of expressing himself.

owl0210
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I'm dealing with the same thing and at a loss of what more to do. Time outs don't work and I only spanked a few times which I don't like doing. I feel all I do is yell then I feel guilty. He screams bloody murder every morning when I'm trying to get him ready for preschool. Ugh it's so frustrating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM

bump

boysrjoys2
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to either completely ignore, use timeout,or tell them I'm not going to talk to them until they use a "normal voice" or "ask nice". Never had to use it on my own but I did daycare kids. Its different with each one.
Saydar
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This.

And if you lose complete control (hitting, biting, etc) you can hold them in such a way that they won't get hurt but also can't hurt others. Sit cross legged with your child on your lap (their back to your chest). Cross their arms in front of them and lightly hold their wrists so that they can't pull away. They won't get hurt because they control the pressure on their wrist by how hard they pull BUT it forces the child to calm down (eventually). I've done this to my son twice and he raged for a bit but quickly quieted down.

Quoting boysrjoys2:

I used to either completely ignore, use timeout,or tell them I'm not going to talk to them until they use a "normal voice" or "ask nice". Never had to use it on my own but I did daycare kids. Its different with each one.

cjcd88
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Mine does the same thing! He starts throwing his toys around his room like a mad man!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN