Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: Has anyone had to deal with baby bottle tooth decay...

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone had to deal with "baby bottle tooth decay?" My son has his teeth brushed twice a day but is constantly drinking. He gets milk and watered down juice but his teeth are suffering...he has been to the dentist and they are talking about removing his two front teeth. :(

by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
My cousin had to have most of her daughter's teeth out because of decay she is now in speech therapy

Good luck.
AJsMom81507
by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM

my friends DD had her two front teeth removed as well, and has been in speech therapy since she was 3, she is 6 now, her two front teeth came out at 3.  

#1 reason nothing but formula goes in the bottle and no bottle after a year.

corrinacs
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Does he go to bed with a bottle in his mouth?  If so, I'd stop that immediately.  That's the biggest cause of "baby bottle tooth decay".

But it sounds more like he has weak teeth, and regardless there's not much you can do about it.  Keep talking ot the dentist about ways you can protect his teeth further!

amers77
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM

He did go to bed with a bottle for a period of time but he no longer does that.  He had an issue sleeping for the first year and was up every 2 hours so he did get more feedings than he needed...he tended to use his bottle as a pacifier even if he didn't drink out of it but that doesn't happen any more.  It just seemed to happen so quick I am still in shock.  He is constantly brushing it is one of his favorite things to do in the morning...I have to force him away from the sink just so we are not late

.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 15, 2013 at 1:08 AM

i never have.

MyVavies
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I agree with this! However, he just might have genes that are pron to tooth decay easily...

Quoting AJsMom81507:

my friends DD had her two front teeth removed as well, and has been in speech therapy since she was 3, she is 6 now, her two front teeth came out at 3.  

#1 reason nothing but formula goes in the bottle and no bottle after a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)