Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

what's w/ the screaming?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
My ds is 2 1/2 and has discovered how to scream and kick during his crying and fit throwing times. What's with that? I am thinking this is s precurser to terrible 3's. Lord help us. :)
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the screaming phase! OMG sometimes I feel like he is going to pop my ear drums!  

IQuitCounting
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM

My son never went through that... I mean, he may have tried once or twice and I simply don't remember, but never a phase.  Of course, now I have a mouthy 4 year old on my hands... I'm not sure which I prefer.  That attitude is killing me.  Not that I let it fly, but goodness, it's a constant battle and I feel like I'm always getting my son in trouble.

anj2mom
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
My dd is 5 and i think she's trying to talk back to test how far she can take it. She's had attitude for a yr and it makes me want to scream. :)
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
My DD is going threw that "phase" right now. (even though I'm not seeing an end in sight of this phase)

The screaming is driving me crazy.

I'm usually an ignore fits type of mom but last Saturday I flipped. I ended up having my own fit complete with screaming, kicking and punching. (The back of a chair, not hitting anyone LOL)
My DH just looked at me scared like I think she needs a break. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM

you are lucky he just figured that out. lol.

MyVavies
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Ever time my son decides to scream, i walk him to his room and say " this is where we scream. Only here.. have fun." and leave him there. He will stop if you keep on putting him there. 

owl0210
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I've been dealing with a screaming 3 yr old every morning for the past 2 weeks and I'm about to lose my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Uggh.. my daughter screams as well..she does it when she is mad and just for fun. Good luck
boysrjoys2
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
That's always a tough time. Just remember if you don't give in it will be a temporary phase. :)
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

yeah, I just walk away or put mine in their room when they start that and tell them when they can talk nicely to mommy she will listen to what they need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN